Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Lounge at FCO - The Current Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Lounge at FCO - The Current Status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
For a minute, I thought you meant RCHHMP.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:59 am

As of september 9th 2017 - Alitalia lounge

Hi!

As of september 9, am in the Alitalia lounge in gates E area waiting for YUL flight. Upstairs has a/c working fine. Very bland lounge with wear and tear, basic food offerings (pastries, cold cuts, cheese, some scrambled eggs/potatoes) good capuccinos 🤗
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the lounge situation is this days at FCO. Any change from previous posters?

Also, how efficient is the check in process, security, exit customs these days on AC? I just read this nightmare article from an American flyer: https://theshortfinal.com/flying-fro...u-should-know/ A bit worrying!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the lounge situation is this days at FCO. Any change from previous posters?

Also, how efficient is the check in process, security, exit customs these days on AC? I just read this nightmare article from an American flyer: https://theshortfinal.com/flying-fro...u-should-know/ A bit worrying!
Flew out of FCO this morning to IST on TK. From checkin to gate was about 30 minutes. TK was at E18. FCO T3 does have a fast track security line for Gold and J passengers, the Passport control is divided into EU, Non-EU and US passport holders. Alitalia lounge (for AC) is in the E gate area (I had to use the BA lounge). I was there early today ~6:30 AM. I could see it getting busy with the NA flights mid-morning/afternoon in July, but on par with FRA on a busy afternoon.
musicmtl likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
What about the new Star Alliance Lounge that opened this month? It says to be mostly convenient for Shengen flights (zone D), but is it accessible for AC flyers?

Also fun to know there will be a Star Alliance Lounge in AMS by next year.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/a-stylish-s...micino-airport
musicmtl likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by sram
Flew out of FCO this morning to IST on TK. From checkin to gate was about 30 minutes. TK was at E18. FCO T3 does have a fast track security line for Gold and J passengers, the Passport control is divided into EU, Non-EU and US passport holders. Alitalia lounge (for AC) is in the E gate area (I had to use the BA lounge). I was there early today ~6:30 AM. I could see it getting busy with the NA flights mid-morning/afternoon in July, but on par with FRA on a busy afternoon.
That's good to know, thanks. I'll be arriving around 90-100 minutes before the flight, so all should hopefully be fine.

At the risk of being a bit OT, why does US get their own line? Non EU for me!

Can anyone tell me where the AC checkin is in T3, or might a detailed terminal map be available? I want to orient myself and get to check in as quickly as possible and not waste time searching for what I assume will be a tiny AC counter.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
What about the new Star Alliance Lounge that opened this month? It says to be mostly convenient for Shengen flights (zone D), but is it accessible for AC flyers?

Also fun to know there will be a Star Alliance Lounge in AMS by next year.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/a-stylish-s...micino-airport
Its outside of passport control which isn't ideal.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: various
Flew out of FCO in J a week ago. AC J pax can now use the brand new Alitalia lounge in area E (after passport control). It's fantastic, spacious, comfy seats and atmosphere, amazing varied food offering and bar service.
musicmtl likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:12 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
Flew out of FCO in J a week ago. AC J pax can now use the brand new Alitalia lounge in area E (after passport control). It's fantastic, spacious, comfy seats and atmosphere, amazing varied food offering and bar service.
Is it hotter than the sun like the old lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.