Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

anyone insterested in this milestone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2003, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

I was so bored on a recent YYZ-YEG flight grabbed a mag on aviation and noticed the 100th anniversary of Orville and Wilbur Wrights first flight approaching. Anyone interested in doing a MR to North Carolina in Dec. to mark the milestone?

There's more details all over the web, but found this site a good start:

http://www.celebrate100.org/

Just curious.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well, I tried to garner some interest back in December, but didn't seem anyone was interested...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/002813.html
Old Mar 26, 2003, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Sorry SH didn't remember seeing that thread or would've just added to your original.

I know it's a little less stimulating that a visit to Hooters, but thought since lots of FTers are aircraft nuts, planespotters etc this would be up their alley.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 4:37 pm

Even if you're not interested in the aviation history, it's kind of a neat place, on the outer chain islands of NC. You can drive for miles and miles on some of the islands (only accessible by ferry) with ocean 10m on your left and more ocean 10m on your right with nothing but sand and a bit of ashphalt as far as the eye can see ahead.

And interesting and unusual "scenic drive."
Old Mar 26, 2003, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
For those who plan on attending the festivities, the closest commercial airport is Norfolk, VA (ORF) and then it's a 1.5 - 2 hr drive to the Outer Banks.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 9:30 pm

Programs: several
Put me down as a strong "maybe"!

I've been thinking about this for awhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.