Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We demand real food, AC!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
WOW, that's unreal!!! nothing at AC even comes close...how was the wine offerings? if you partook that is...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
If you had to choose between MCD and AC food.........

Would you want pickles in your big mac or nah?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I quite like AC's small tuna salad. Looks similar to the Ops first post from DL.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
I quite like AC's small tuna salad. Looks similar to the Ops first post from DL.
Are you talking about the Bigglesworth Tuna Tataki appetizer previously served on international flights ex-Canada?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Since the OP is based in the US, I would suggest his best way of getting AC to improve their food offerings is to direct his business to the carrier(s) with superior food. This will show AC that food is a real decision point for their customers.

I think AC senior management do benchmark their product against other carriers and are well aware, for example, that their cabin cleanliness and catering are not up to par. But their bet is that you will fly them anyway for other reasons.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
EXAMPLE # 3

These are some meals and desserts I've had on Air Canada that I thought were excellent, so it CAN BE DONE.

IMHO, nothing beats the freshness and flavour that I used to enjoy on the salad ex-Japan. AC no longer offers this assortment of vegetables but rather on the last 2 AC 4s, it was some rough pieces of cabbage and a bit of sliced cheese. Cheap.

This beef was really good.

One of the best meals I ever had on AC (this was AC 3) was this halibut dish with the chick peas and vegetables. Just fantastic.

The first incarnation of the sablefish on AC 3 (B 788) was fantastic. When I ordered it a month later on AC 15 (the B777-200), it was not cooked properly and had a smell. I've avoided almost all fish on AC since then.

The chicken dish was also on AC 3 or 4 and was perfectly done and flavourful.

Whereas I had the outstanding carrot cake twice on AC 3 in 2015, and the other cake with berries also in 2015, the only other excellent dessert was this passion fruit white chocolate cheesecake on AC 8 in the fall of 2016.

Every single international flight I've been on TPAC and TATL, has only served that endlessly repetitive chocolate cake with just a different flavour of fruit compote.
And the pieces have gotten smaller since 2015.

Perhaps they don't think anyone notices or cares. Right, because I still fly AC and put up with it.

Attached Images         

Last edited by 24left; Mar 29, 2017 at 3:52 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
EXAMPLE # 3

These are some meals and desserts I've had on Air Canada that I thought were excellent, so it CAN BE DONE.

IMHO, nothing beats the freshness and flavour that I used to enjoy on the salad ex-Japan. AC no longer offers this assortment of vegetables but rather on the last 2 AC 4s, it was some rough pieces of cabbage and a bit of sliced cheese. Cheap.

This beef was really good.

One of the best meals I ever had on AC (this was AC 3) was this halibut dish with the chick peas and vegetables. Just fantastic.

The first incarnation of the sablefish on AC 3 (B 788) was fantastic. When I ordered it a month later on AC 15 (the B777-200), it was not cooked properly and had a smell. I've avoided almost all fish on AC since then.

The chicken dish was also on AC 3 or 4 and was perfectly done and flavourful.

Whereas I had the outstanding carrot cake twice on AC 3 in 2015, and the other cake with berries also in 2015, the only other excellent dessert was this passion fruit white chocolate cheesecake on AC 8 in the fall of 2016.

Every single international flight I've been on TPAC and TATL, has only served that endlessly repetitive chocolate cake with just a different flavour of fruit compote.
And the pieces have gotten smaller since 2015.

Perhaps they don't think anyone notches or cares. Right, because I still fly AC and put up with it.

I remember that macaroni n' cheesecake.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: down to Zone 5
Is AC still serving Hawksworth inspired dishes on international outbound?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sulfur
More info about menus and his dishes in the food thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...omers-101.html
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yes.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yes, as others have mentioned. However, the quality of the dishes seems to have gone downhill since the initial rollout IMO.

The first rendition of the Sablefish was one of the better meals I've had on AC. The Hawksworth dish they were serving back in December (Chicken Saltimbocca) was awful and pretty much inedible when I tried it.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gcashin
Yes, as others have mentioned. However, the quality of the dishes seems to have gone downhill since the initial rollout IMO.

The first rendition of the Sablefish was one of the better meals I've had on AC. The Hawksworth dish they were serving back in December (Chicken Saltimbocca) was awful and pretty much inedible when I tried it.

The original sablefish dish that I posted above was the first time I had it, on AC 3 (a B788) and it was excellent.

A month later I ordered it on AC 15 (B777-200) and it was undercooked and had a smell. I wasn't the only one who sent it back to the kitchen.

They may look similar in the photos but were nothing alike in real life.

Attached Images  
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are you talking about the Bigglesworth Tuna Tataki appetizer previously served on international flights ex-Canada?
I don't think so. It was the "meal" option rather than an actual appettiser so was domestic or TB. Can't remember the route, 2016 though.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: TK *G
To be fair, AC J price has dropped significantly on many routes. A decline in quality is expected. On the carriers I am familiar with, CX, NH, JL all have their catering quality declined quite a bit since 2010. I have a feeling that airlines world wide are downgrading their premium cabins to make it more affordable so that they can sell more revenue tickets.

But I have no clue why US big 3 are upping their game in catering.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
To be fair, AC J price has dropped significantly on many routes. A decline in quality is expected. On the carriers I am familiar with, CX, NH, JL all have their catering quality declined quite a bit since 2010. I have a feeling that airlines world wide are downgrading their premium cabins to make it more affordable so that they can sell more revenue tickets.

But I have no clue why US big 3 are upping their game in catering.
Perhaps, but I do think IMHO that the J DreamCabin product is better than the J XM product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.