FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   We demand real food, AC! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1832791-we-demand-real-food-ac.html)

capedreamer Mar 29, 2017 2:17 pm

We demand real food, AC!

There was a time when AC's J product, both hard and soft, arguably led the pack among North American majors.

While AC's hard product remains fairly competitive, its meal offerings has really fallen behind.

Many of us have seemingly come to accept AC's sorry excuse for "premium" dining, but I think we ought to constantly remind ourselves that we shouldn't have to.

Just caught a glimpse of what the aristocracy over on DL is nibbling on:

Sigh...if only AC had a real competitor that could challenge its grip on the Canadian corporate travel market.

Jumper Jack Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Describe AC's food offering in four characters:
SAD!

Bohemian1 Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm

The actually does look like real food.
I should fly DL more often.

songsc Mar 29, 2017 2:28 pm

The only way to demand real food from AC is to not flying it.

Or, if you work at AC management...

pitz Mar 29, 2017 2:30 pm

The AC "wrap" I had the other week on a LT07 "entitlement" was mostly wrap, little filling.

Sigh...if only AC had a real competitor that could challenge its grip on the Canadian corporate travel market.
If only there was a "Canadian corporate travel market.". AC gets away with this because the people paying big bucks for tickets and might have sway are mostly minimally-existent.

yyznomad Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm waiting for the RCHHMP constables, the commissioner, and fellow dingleberries to weigh in. How dare you complain about AC J food! How dare you!

capedreamer Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28103602)
I'm waiting for the RCHHMP constables, the commissioner, and fellow dingleberries to weigh in. How dare you complain about AC J food! How dare you!

Don't worry...my loins are girded. Come at me! :D

yyznomad Mar 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 28103646)
Don't worry...my loins are girded. Come at me! :D

AC J could use some juicy striploin.

24left Mar 29, 2017 3:10 pm

6 Attachment(s)
I'm posting a selection of meal photos from other carriers, a diverse mix.

Air Canada may or may not see any of these airlines as companies they compare themselves to or aspire to be like (someone else can look for that quote).

EXAMPLE #1

These are samples of meals from Singapore Airlines on a few different 4 hours flights. I don't care if they are service a different market. I thought about this based on the meal and service I had LAX-YYZ.

Outstanding taste, texture, flavour and presentation.

yyznomad Mar 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 28103676)
I'm posting a selection of meal photos from other carriers, a diverse mix.

Air Canada may or may not see any of these airlines as companies they compare themselves to or aspire to be like (someone else can look for that quote).

EXAMPLE #1

These are samples of meals from Singapore Airlines on a few different 4 hours flights. I don't care if they are service a different market. I thought about this based on the meal and service I had LAX-YYZ.

Outstanding taste, texture, flavour and presentation.

At least confirm for us if these are J or F (or Y) :p

Bohemian1 Mar 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Oh sure, tease us with SINful food!

capedreamer Mar 29, 2017 3:14 pm

You're making me cry, 24left!

Really making me miss my year of flying on CX / SQ / NH while based in HKG.

24left Mar 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28103693)
At least confirm for us if these are J or F (or Y) :p

All J.

I'm not posting F for obvious reasons.

Bohemian1 Mar 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 28103715)
All J.

I'm not posting F for obvious reasons.

At least it's not Y. Then I would truly be depressed.
I too miss my days on SQ and CX.

24left Mar 29, 2017 3:22 pm

8 Attachment(s)
EXAMPLE # 2

Meal and dessert items from American Airlines (LAX-LHR-LAX)

Portobello mushroom appetizer and salad, Boursin cheese crusted beef that had fantastic flavour - and could be cut, the appetizer on the return, the insane sundae and fig cheesecake.