Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada getting ready to introduce North American Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Premium Economy - Coming Soon to a North American Flight Near You - June 9

​​​​​​Link

Bar service................... as in complementary drinks or a cart and a credit card machine where they charge you?
Print Wikipost

Air Canada getting ready to introduce North American Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jc94
Excellent, the order really is Neo then
At least for international, I wonder if they will amend it for domestic and TB.
The order is O E N highest to lowest. O is flexible. It will be consistent with international flights as well as people will also be connecting. (Those segments that previously booked into B will now book into the O E N). The inventory in those classes is already loaded. However fares have not yet been loaded. But you can currently book into PY domestic if it's part of an international fare.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by D582
....But you can currently book into PY domestic if it's part of an international fare.
For example, I picked PE this route and then selected "view Seats" for the domestic segment on the 789. Obviously the message you'll get if on a narrow-body is "Mixed Cabin"

Attached Images   
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 24left
This is the only "food" photo I have from the outbound. I don't have the BPs so I have no idea if BoB was included.

However, as i mentioned above, FA on the return flight said Nothing for You red-eye...

That was then...

Fresh food was removed from domestic red-eyes for a period of time due to the colossalwaste. I'm talking not even one sandwich sold on a SFO/LAX-YYZ flight. I think since then a small portion of fresh food was reinstated and you more than likely flew through that period when only "pantry" items were boarded.

As a matter of interest, I recently operated a SFO red-eye. In J/C - 1/16 Customers ate.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC SE
Got an itinerary change notification for a flight that had been booked as widebody preferred seats on the 788 for a YYC-YYZ which are now in the Premium Economy cabin. Original seat assignments have been restored, and it's now showing as booked in Premium Economy. Looks like AC has been going through the rebooking into PE this week as promised.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:25 pm

AC is ahead of its schedule.

Just got an email a few hours ago with the new e-ticket receipt showing that I am now on Premium Economy (fare code: N).

I am impressed and can't wait to share my North American premium economy experience.

Carfield
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I am actually surprised that they honored those tickets. Should have booked it in May lol
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I am actually surprised that they honored those tickets. Should have booked it in May lol
Yeah. Especially for those who booked Tango it's surprising they aren't being given he seats without the full service including 125% (presumed) AQM.

Maybe they knew that wouldn't be doable.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Just noticed domestic/transborder PE pricing on the AC website and the prices are pretty bonkers IMO. Random dates in October for YVR-YYZ (one way) has PE at $863, Flex $482, Tango $278.

As someone who was planning on being a domestic PE purchaser, there's definitely some sticker shock for me. I say that as someone who isn't solely looking for cheapest fare (eg. I purchase a mix of J and PE for flying over oceans; and will purchase J within North America when it's reasonable and not inconvenient routing.)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by somedude3210
Just noticed domestic/transborder PE pricing on the AC website and the prices are pretty bonkers IMO. Random dates in October for YVR-YYZ (one way) has PE at $863, Flex $482, Tango $278.

As someone who was planning on being a domestic PE purchaser, there's definitely some sticker shock for me. I say that as someone who isn't solely looking for cheapest fare (eg. I purchase a mix of J and PE for flying over oceans; and will purchase J within North America when it's reasonable and not inconvenient routing.)

Here are random dates in September YYZ-YVR and return.

The only mystery is what does one get for $1,862 RT in PE?

Attached Images   
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Has anyone else noticed it's only 1 eupgrade for YYZ-YVR to upgrade to PY! All Flex fares.

Woooohoooo!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by philelite
Has anyone else noticed it's only 1 eupgrade for YYZ-YVR to upgrade to PY! All Flex fares.

Woooohoooo!
Likely an IT bug.

It's supposed to be 6 on regular Flex fares, 4 on Flex M/U and 1 from Latitude.

One nice thing is going from PY lowest to J is 8 credits instead of 10 (from a Flex fare)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by somedude3210

Since you're getting narrow body J product and service, the price is actually quite low.

I still don't understand how they're going to differentiate PY from NB J beyond MLL and zone 1.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Since you're getting narrow body J product and service, the price is actually quite low.

I still don't understand how they're going to differentiate PY from NB J beyond MLL and zone 1.
I disagree!

The way I see it is that a month ago I could get a "PY" seat (Free as a SE) on YYZ-YVR for the price of a Tango fare and then I could buy a J meal and drink for under $20.

Now you want me to pay about $500 more for something quite similar
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: TK *G
The pricing is a bit high IMO. Let's see the load factor.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by philelite
I disagree!

The way I see it is that a month ago I could get a "PY" seat (Free as a SE) on YYZ-YVR for the price of a Tango fare and then I could buy a J meal and drink for under $20.

Now you want me to pay about $500 more for something quite similar
I think that's faulty logic. We knew all along this was going to happen. They just couldn't sell PY until they had a fleet of it. The option were:

1. Leave it empty. This is stupid.
2. Sell it as J, service it as J. This could have worked, except you'd have people (rightfully) complaining that the other person on their PNR (i.e. same fare/cost/etc.) had a way better seat.
3. Sell it as Y, service it as Y. This keeps the seats occupied, and keeps some money flowing in.

I don't think I would have done it any differently.

"I" want you to pay $500 more for the same seat and service you'd get on a 320 in. Sure.

Now if you want to buy Y and not use your many SE upgrades, you can still get more legroom for free, and $20 for J meal and drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.