Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 799 YYZ-LAX tomorrow 3/15

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:48 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Glad to hear you got the u/g.

At least the gate agent didn't tell you upgrade certs can't be used once onboard. It's written on the cert.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:49 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
What a hassle though.</font>
To be honest, it's not a hassle. It's the rule. Even as SE, when I am not on the right fare, I sit in the back. So I would expect the same if someone doesn't have the right status.

Old Mar 15, 2003, 7:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
But AC does it for everyone including basic members if you buy full Y/M. </font>
So does AA. I was just looking and it looks like AA's Y26UP3S fare is cheaper than AC's CMA3UP fare by $1US (per direction).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">At least the gate agent didn't tell you upgrade certs can't be used once onboard. It's written on the cert.</font>
Does it say that? My systemwide Elite certs say that in-flight personnel cannot accept certs onboard the aircraft.

However, I am curious... didn't auh2o have Elite certs while the 'sponsor' was a Super Elite. Is that allowed? I thought the companion would have to be an Elite member as well.

[This message has been edited by keithguy (edited 03-15-2003).]
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:38 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
This particular cert said you had to be elite or traveling with an elite member. I am not sure if the member was elite or super elite. If we didn't use the cert the seat would have remained empty.

We were very grateful.

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.