Community
Wiki Posts
Search

35 min domestic connection in YVR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

35 min domestic connection in YVR

I can't find the info on minimum connection times for domestic flights.

I am looking at booking one of these seat sale fares and it would not be linked to my PNR as it is seprerate from an already purchased ticket Can I do this:

YYC-YVR 6:45am - 7:15am Current ticket
YVR-YCD 7:50am - 8:15am New seat sale ticket

I am currently scheduled to arrive in YVR at 9:30 and the next YCD flight is 10:50am and $35 more.

What happens if I miss my connector because of a delay in YYC? I would be on an "N" fare and don't know what happens if there is a busted cnx. The Elite desk said AC wouldn't allow standby as it's an N fare and I would loose the ticket?

My outbound YYC-YVR is fully changeable. Any advice on which cnx to take?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 4:13 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Recommended cnx time for domestic flights is 30 mins in YVR.

Those morning start up flights are usually ontime, so I think you'll have no problem making it. Tell the agent that's booking your YCD flight to put a note in your YCD PNR saying you'll be connecting from another AC flight and ask them to link the 2 PNRs.

Otherwise, you could pay the $35 and take the later flight for the peace of mind.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Just got off the phone with AC. It took that long....

The rules stated that if it was on 1 ticket as a through fare then 30 min is an allowable cnx. Linking tickets would not allow the 30 min cnx to be valid for some reason. I got a great agent named Paul who had to put me on hold for a bit but came back and said they figured out a way to do it.

AC gets an extra $94 (base fare that wasn't an option last night) and I get 2 segments, 500 miles and most important I won't be getting sea sick yet again.

AC Lurkers - Your agent helped make a win-win situation even though the total cost was more than double what I was going to pay on BC ferries. You have many like Paul and they are an asset that you need to empower more often.

Thanks for your help too Empress. For that I predict that Calgary will go up in Flames playing the Leafs tonight
Old Mar 13, 2003, 5:03 pm

Great!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cattle:
For that I predict that Calgary will go up in Flames playing the Leafs tonight</font>
Couldn't have said it better.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:11 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Great! &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt; &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt;
Originally posted by cattle:
For that I predict that Calgary will go up in Flames playing the Leafs tonight</font>
Couldn't have said it better.
Someone should have told that to Chris Clark.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=230313003

Mike

Old Mar 14, 2003, 2:05 am

Belfour wasn't playing, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

I see the Habs got yet another win against the one of the worst teams in the NHL. That's about the only teams they can beat these days.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hahaha... Calgary may be up in flames, but at least they didn't combust into Losers...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 7:42 am
Original Poster

My crystal ball was a bit off yesterday. The increase in temperature to 8 degree's must have set it off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.