Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: AE# missing from AC-issued BP for partner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: AE# missing from AC-issued BP for partner?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
AE# missing from AC-issued BP for partner?

Tomorrow I'm travelling on an AC flight, connectng to an SN flight in YYZ, and when I checked in with AC, I noticed that while the AC boarding pass has my status, the AC-issued SN pass didn't show my status - not even a AC*A (see below). Is this normal/expected for AC partner flight (in this case, a codeshare)? Should I check in separately with SN and try and add my AE#?

Mods, merge into an exisiting thread if there is one I couldn't find.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: TK *G
I have not experienced this on AC, but when I fly *A flights, AC *G does show up. I suggest asking an agent at the airport.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:56 am

Do you have a scanner app on your phone? If so, you should be able to scan the barcode and see if your FFN exists.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by songsc
I have not experienced this on AC, but when I fly *A flights, AC *G does show up. I suggest asking an agent at the airport.
I guess I'll try in YYZ (5 hr layover anyway). I don't think this will go too well if I tried asking at the outstation I'm starting my journey at...

Still curious if it's "normal" or not for codeshares on SN. Last thing I want to do is have to fight Aeroplan for a YYZ-BRU P fare to post. Out of 4 flights that didn't post last year, I only got 1 to post in the end. Two of those were SN.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Do you have a scanner app on your phone? If so, you should be able to scan the barcode and see if your FFN exists.
I put it through one, yeah, and it's there in the PDF417 code. Not that it makes me less paranoid.

Also, usually the PDF417 code on BPs has it in the form of 'AC 0XXXXXXXXX' but on the AC-issue SN pass it's ' 0XXXXXXXXX' (no 'AC').

Last edited by D404; Mar 6, 2017 at 10:33 am
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ask an SN agent to do it.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ask an SN agent to do it.
That's my plan in YYZ, but am still curious.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by D404
Tomorrow I'm travelling on an AC flight, connectng to an SN flight in YYZ, and when I checked in with AC, I noticed that while the AC boarding pass has my status, the AC-issued SN pass didn't show my status - not even a AC*A (see below). Is this normal/expected for AC partner flight (in this case, a codeshare)? Should I check in separately with SN and try and add my AE#?

Mods, merge into an exisiting thread if there is one I couldn't find.
I've seen this happen with OLCI boarding passes before. Agent/kiosk printed boarding passes should be OK, unless (and this is rare, but possible), that your Aeroplan number is not properly associated with the SN segment.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
That's my plan in YYZ, but am still curious.
Or, just phone SN and have them put/check if you aeroplan number is on file.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
I've seen this happen with OLCI boarding passes before. Agent/kiosk printed boarding passes should be OK, unless (and this is rare, but possible), that your Aeroplan number is not properly associated with the SN segment.
My theory is that the PDF417 generation software that OLCI uses doesn't properly associate 'AC' with the FF# when checking in codeshares, then, as per my previous post.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Or, just phone SN and have them put/check if you aeroplan number is on file.
I could, yes. Usually these sorts of calls really confuse the agents, though .
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't think it's worth the hassle until you have an SN-issued BP.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:27 am
Suspended

I could, yes. Usually these sorts of calls really confuse the agents, though .
I do it all the time. These type of calls are never confusing to the agent.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I do it all the time. These type of calls are never confusing to the agent.
"It never happens to me so it never happens."

I could say the opposite, anecdotally, too (e.g. with the SAS agent I phoned last week). I've had plenty of agents (not AC, usually EU carriers) get confused about why I'd call about such a thing, or what exactly I'm asking for ("you want me to add a different FF#?" "no, I just want to know if my FF# is properly associated with the PNR/BP").
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:05 pm
Suspended

"It never happens to me so it never happens."

I could say the opposite, anecdotally, too (e.g. with the SAS agent I phoned last week). I've had plenty of agents (not AC, usually EU carriers) get confused about why I'd call about such a thing, or what exactly I'm asking for ("you want me to add a different FF#?" "no, I just want to know if my FF# is properly associated with the PNR/BP").

??? It is a very simple request. For the last 20 years, I have been doing this 3 to 5 x per years. I have never had 1 agent from a Star airline not know how to check if my FF number is on their file. If there is any confusion, it must be how you are asking the question.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

??? It is a very simple request. For the last 20 years, I have been doing this 3 to 5 x per years. I have never had 1 agent from a Star airline not know how to check if my FF number is on their file. If there is any confusion, it must be how you are asking the question.
Certainly possible.

However, I still reject the use of anecdotal evidence as the basis for a statement that is presented as definitively factual, like "These type of calls are never confusing to the agent."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.