Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade certs with Z class ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2003, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade certs with Z class ticket

Can I use my upgrade certs with a Z class ticket? Will the people at the desk know its booked for Z class(econ)? BTW if I do pay a FF(full fare) Y ticket who would I present the certs to to upgrade?
Old Mar 5, 2003, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Z class is not upgradeable for all tiers.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CX, BA, AC, DL
The chances of getting an upgrade from Z class are next to impossible.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

From who can I ask for a possible window/exit row seat? Can I even request that on a Z fare? Thanks again.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:28 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fromYYZ_flyer:
Can I use my upgrade certs with a Z class ticket?</font>
No
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Will the people at the desk know its booked for Z class(econ)?</font>
Absolutely. In fact, that's the first thing that they'll check when you ask for an upgrade.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">BTW if I do pay a FF(full fare) Y ticket who would I present the certs to to upgrade?</font>
You confirm the upgeade in advance and the gate agent will collect the u/g cert.

Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

What about my question about window/exit row seats?
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:35 pm

Call Air Canada reservations to get it.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

I am booking through airmiles, but I have to still call AC reservations? Sorry again to keep you coming back, Empress but I know your an expert on AC.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:51 pm

Air Miles should be able to assign a seat for you. But if not, AC Reservations will.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:51 pm

Yes - they should be able to do that.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Now that I think about it, I think airmiles buys a set of seats from AC for Z class meaning I probably will not be able to request a exit row seat but I should request a window seat because 3 of us are traveling and they may try and stick us in teh middle 3 or 4 seats which I will not be happy with at all. Thanks again for your help.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:58 pm

They don't buy specific seats. You can get any seat assignment that your Aeroplan status entitles you to.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:00 pm

The fare that you paid has nothing to do with what kinds of seats you can get. Z class is an inventory used for purpose other than Air miles as well.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Not aeroplan, airmiles. I said I believe airmiles buys Z class seats. I am sure some SE aeroplan person will get the exitrow seats, but I can probably garentee I will get a window seat.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:05 pm

Those with status are entitled to exit rows (on some flights) and a section of seats in the front of the economy class cabin. So if you don't have Aeroplan status, you will have to wait for the day of departure to request the exit row seats.

Otherwise, you are entitled to all other seats on the plane which includes the window seat that you wanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.