Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm surprised it's Z9 with only 11 seats available.

Though I'm also surprised it's R0.
How do you know there are 11 seats available in J? (seat map?)

What's the internal load for Y on this flight?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
How do you know there are 11 seats available in J? (seat map?)

What's the internal load for Y on this flight?
Not sure what the internal load is (beyond "me") but EF makes it look like the flight is wide open: J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 R0 O9 E8 N8 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
Not sure what the internal load is (beyond "me") but EF makes it look like the flight is wide open: J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0 R0 O9 E8 N8 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
If I didn't know which route/flight this was, I would've guessed several like FRAYYZ or YYZYVR for starters.

I've lost track of how many times I've had to be waitlisted for an upgrade to J on TPAC and TATL flights, but I can tell you that I've never missed an upgrade in this context even at J1.

As an SM in paid PY, I wouldn't sweat it. You're literally at the top of the totem pole... unless you're wary of all those last minute walk-up J pax!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
how do you know there are 11 seats available in j? (seat map?)

what's the internal load for y on this flight?
It's J11 O9 Y39.

Not the seat map.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's J11 O9 Y39.

Not the seat map.
Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Anyone know what's the criteria for the 'Stand-by' button to show up in iOS and OLCI?

I'm booked on Economy Flex for RapidAir routes often, seems to be 50/50 miss.

But what's also interesting is that I flew YVR-YYZ three weeks ago on Economy Reward and had the stand-by button show up.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Anyone know what's the criteria for the 'Stand-by' button to show up in iOS and OLCI?

I'm booked on Economy Flex for RapidAir routes often, seems to be 50/50 miss.

But what's also interesting is that I flew YVR-YYZ three weeks ago on Economy Reward and had the stand-by button show up.
I find it shows up if you pick a flight from a route search. I find it not as reliable if you do a search by flight number.

Go figure.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I find it shows up if you pick a flight from a route search. I find it not as reliable if you do a search by flight number.

Go figure.
Oops, sorry, should have more clear. I meant the option to stand-by for an earlier flight. Typically seen at the bottom here:

Last edited by secretalcoholic; Oct 17, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:42 pm

If I didn't know which route/flight this was, I would've guessed several like FRAYYZ or YYZYVR for starters.

I've lost track of how many times I've had to be waitlisted for an upgrade to J on TPAC and TATL flights, but I can tell you that I've never missed an upgrade in this context even at J1.

As an SM in paid PY, I wouldn't sweat it. You're literally at the top of the totem pole... unless you're wary of all those last minute walk-up J pax!
Yeah, I'm not really in a panic about it .... but I know from experience that the BOM and DEL boarding processes can get pretty chaotic, so (especially given the light load) it would be really nice to have a confirmed pod BP in hand ahead of time.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canopus27
Yeah, I'm not really in a panic about it .... but I know from experience that the BOM and DEL boarding processes can get pretty chaotic, so (especially given the light load) it would be really nice to have a confirmed pod BP in hand ahead of time.
Yeah I get it.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:46 pm

I've cleared as number 1 for 0 seats more often than I've failed to clear as 1 for 0.

SM in PY with 11 seats is not something I'd worry about at all
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've cleared as number 1 for 0 seats more often than I've failed to clear as 1 for 0.

SM in PY with 11 seats is not something I'd worry about at all
My understanding is that @canopus27 would prefer to avoid dealing with gate ops at BOM, based on his past experiences there (but I could be wrong).
But I agree 100%.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:57 pm

My understanding is that @canopus27 would prefer to avoid dealing with gate ops at BOM, based on his past experiences there (but I could be wrong).
But I agree 100%.
You're not wrong
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:58 pm

But I agree 100%.
I would also like all my upgrades to clear when I book my ticket. But I'm not going to whine about them clearing at the gate.

I'll certainly whine about flying PY TATL though. But not until after I'm certain I've flown PY
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:50 am

I would also like all my upgrades to clear when I book my ticket. But I'm not going to whine about them clearing at the gate.

I'll certainly whine about flying PY TATL though. But not until after I'm certain I've flown PY
No whining? What is the point of FT then?
YYC traveler and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.