FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   ITA Matrix and AC reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1813279-ita-matrix-ac-reservations.html)

hydrogen Jan 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist (Post 31635050)
I'm not sure if it's possible to enter the promo code in the ITA Matrix search field and get the discounted results, so I went for a simple approach of just adding a text field when using the Use Air Canada booking link.

PR is at https://github.com/SteppoFF/ita-matr...rtools/pull/42
EDIT: Code has been merged in to master with version 0.33

To enter the promo code:

Once you have selected your desired routing, click the + beside Use Air Canada and choose Add Promo Code on the popup.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c86a00580b.png

Move your mouse off the popup and you'll see a text entry field for the promo code. Enter your code and click Open to open a new window with the AC booking.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ea2991c3ff.png

Has anyone been able to get this work with the Canadian version of AC.com?
Works great with the US version of AC though.

jasdou Feb 5, 2020 7:29 am

I have been struggling with using Powertools and Matrix to book AC flights lately. As in, it completely seems broken. I found an itinerary this morning, used Powertools to push it through to the Canadian version of AC.com where it appeared for a second before dropping me to the usual AC search/flight selection page where, of course, the flights I want don't show up.

Adam Smith Feb 5, 2020 7:35 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 31998392)

If you copy the link that it generates and replaced "US" with "CA" (in two places), it will work on the Canadian site.

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 32035285)
I have been struggling with using Powertools and Matrix to book AC flights lately. As in, it completely seems broken. I found an itinerary this morning, used Powertools to push it through to the Canadian version of AC.com where it appeared for a second before dropping me to the usual AC search/flight selection page where, of course, the flights I want don't show up.

Yup, I had this happen to me on the weekend. I figured the issue was the promo code I was trying to use, since Google Flights gave me a link that allowed me to book the flights I wanted just fine.

jasdou Feb 5, 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32035306)
Yup, I had this happen to me on the weekend. I figured the issue was the promo code I was trying to use, since Google Flights gave me a link that allowed me to book the flights I wanted just fine.

I'm getting this with or without a promo code. Weird.

Can you get CO fares on Google Flights? I've tried but couldn't find any obvious way to get anything else than Standard.

Adam Smith Feb 5, 2020 7:52 am

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 32035338)

Can you get CO fares on Google Flights? I've tried but couldn't find any obvious way to get anything else than Standard.

That, I haven't tried. I usually use Matrix to try to get international itineraries in J that the AC website won't show me, for one reason or another.

canadiancow Feb 5, 2020 10:12 am

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 32035338)

Only with a fare table and some URL manipulation. I posted about it a while ago, but after adding support for the fare brands to PowerTools, I've just gone that route.

ITA doesn't seem to handle... I'm not sure exactly what it's called. It's like married segments but different. So it will often present unbookable flights if you're doing anything complicated.

TechnoTourist Feb 5, 2020 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 31998392)

Set your default Air Canada country to Canada in PowerTools settings at the top and refresh the page. I'll see why it's not working when you select a non-detault country.

DNAwizard Feb 5, 2020 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist (Post 32037616)
Set your default Air Canada country to Canada in PowerTools settings at the top and refresh the page. I'll see why it's not working when you select a non-detault country.

This is great! Thank you. :tu:
I did not know you could change some settings at the top of the page!
I used to do like Adam Smith mentioned up-thread and just changed US to CA in the link.

D582 Feb 5, 2020 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32035905)
Only with a fare table and some URL manipulation. I posted about it a while ago, but after adding support for the fare brands to PowerTools, I've just gone that route.

ITA doesn't seem to handle... I'm not sure exactly what it's called. It's like married segments but different. So it will often present unbookable flights if you're doing anything complicated.

ITA cannot properly handle Origin-Destination availability and PNR Journey Data (where availability of future segments depends on what is already booked in the PNR)

canadiancow Feb 5, 2020 8:02 pm

Yeah that's what I said :p

jasdou Feb 6, 2020 6:09 am

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist (Post 32037616)

Huh - I did that and now it seems to work with an itinerary that was crapping out yesterday. Thanks!

747jetter Mar 6, 2021 11:41 am

Guys, sorry for not knowing and asking here first but it is weekend and AC call line in Europe will be available on Monday. I have long time big need of travel in J on AC and on my desirable dates AC has some nice fare to LAX that I can use. To maximise my mileage earning as I think this will be the only Star Alliance trip this year (still enough to maintain status) I build itinerary in matrix bookable with OTA which I'd like to avoid.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2f4839419e.png

This is not bookable online and I am not sure whether booking on the phone will give more or less same price as on matrix / ota??? My biggest concern is if it must be all AC codeshare to be able to book it on the phone with AC. The way to YYZ can be different, either direct or via FRA/ZRH/BRU but still on AC, the way back would be lovely with YYZ-VIE because I dont think I will feel well to travel further to BCN from my almost home time :)

Adam Smith Mar 6, 2021 12:17 pm

@747jetter, I've moved your post here since this is a more appropriate venue to discuss trying to book a ticket found through Matrix.

Please have a read through this thread for tips, information on the PowerTools script, as well as caveats (not everything you find on Matrix is actually bookable, whether with AC or anywhere else).

I believe you'll find the information you need here.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

747jetter Mar 6, 2021 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 33081935)
@747jetter
Please have a read through this thread for tips, information on the PowerTools script, as well as caveats (not everything you find on Matrix is actually bookable, whether with AC or anywhere else).

Thanks, will read through. It is bookable on OTA but I want to avoid it.

darshanpatelh Oct 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Hey guys, I am looking to book a multi trip through matrix ita and google flights, but when I go to AC after the passenger information step, I get an error Everytime asking to call air Canada reservations. Any comments on why it would be doing that ? I was using the script for ita matrix and thought it was not a valid trip as per the fare rules but I tried going to Google flights on a multi trip and getting the same result. Thanks