Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Just got this message, should I send them passes?
At least I can't tell if it's a Nigerian Prince.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by jc94
Good idea. I’ve never seen staff fill it out mind, just scan it and the BP. Maybe the system does something with it.
I happened to check in once when they were sorting/dealing with a bunch (at least 100) - they seemed to have large jiffy written all over them, which I believe was the same Name/Flight/Date info in jumbo.

Presumably they do send them all to YUL for processing.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
MLL Passes on offer: 2018

Have three MLL passes expiring February 28th 2018. PM if wanted. Would like to spread them around but will consider a "couple".

NB: These cannot be used at the YYZ/YUL/YVR International MLLs, just Domestic and Transborder. And you must be flying AC metal within North America, no UA flights or STAR codeshares.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 11, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Have three MLL passes expiring February 28th 2018. PM if wanted. Would like to spread them around but will consider a "couple".

NB: These cannot be used at the YYZ/YUL/YVR International MLLs, just Domestic and Transborder. And you must be flying AC metal within North America, no UA flights or STAR codeshares.
Shareholder graciously gave me a pass I was planning on using last week. However, I ran into a friend who guested me in. The pass is available for who wants it. PM if interested.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Oh crap I still have like 6 in my bag. I need to get rid of them.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
It looks like I'll have one final one going spare. The last one I sent out just took 7-8 working days (Thurs-Mon) to make it from YYZ to YVR so it'd be for someone wanting to use it 15/2 to 28/2 I'd guess.

To try and avoid issues reported up-thread I will require and be writing Name, Date and Flight on it (not that that's foolproof). Anyone I met at the YYZ do gets first dibs. I'm also downtown YYZ occasionally if anyone wants to grab it directly.

Edit: Clearly there are certain people who would take my last pass and hand it out to random strangers or colleagues - you know who you are. So we could likely forego the writing on part.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It looks like I'll have one final one going spare. The last one I sent out just took 7-8 working days (Thurs-Mon) to make it from YYZ to YVR so it'd be for someone wanting to use it 15/2 to 28/2 I'd guess.

To try and avoid issues reported up-thread I will require and be writing Name, Date and Flight on it (not that that's foolproof). Anyone I met at the YYZ do gets first dibs. I'm also downtown YYZ occasionally if anyone wants to grab it directly.

Edit: Clearly there are certain people who would take my last pass and hand it out to random strangers or colleagues - you know who you are. So we could likely forego the writing on part.
What if after receiving the "written-on MLL pass", the receiver needed to change their flight to a different day, or completely different time of day?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I was not able to use the MLL that was given to me during the YYZ DO, at this time I still have 2 left. If anyone wants it, please send me a msg, or we can meet up in YYZ for pick up. The 2 passes expires in Feb 2018.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What if after receiving the "written-on MLL pass", the receiver needed to change their flight to a different day, or completely different time of day?
This is, I feel, rare for many people. It's a fair concern however, so perhaps just the name. Or nothing at all.
To be honest if someone is that hard up that they want to sell it for $25 and risk the wrath of AC ... Maybe I should just have more faith in my fellow human beings and FTers? What'd ya say?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is, I feel, rare for many people. It's a fair concern however, so perhaps just the name. Or nothing at all.
To be honest if someone is that hard up that they want to sell it for $25 and risk the wrath of AC ... Maybe I should just have more faith in my fellow human beings and FTers? What'd ya say?
It was just a thought I had. You do as you please!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It was just a thought I had. You do as you please!
I'd like to say more, so I did consider PM'ing you. But then I remembered that doesn't work
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:18 pm

That's my strategy this weekend. Just hand them out.

Unfortunately I'll be in YYZ international on Saturday, so they're totally useless there.
RSWillson likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Unfortunately I'll be in YYZ international on Saturday, so they're totally useless there.
If you have not yet handed out your passes or sent them to those who have asked, feel free to bring them with you, leave them with the concierge and I can pick them up a couple of days later and hand them out near the YYZ or YVR domestic MLLs.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Hand them out at the checkin counter . Note the person must have a dog off leash and/or be wearing pajamas .
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Hand them out at the checkin counter . Note the person must have a dog off leash and/or be wearing pajamas .
If my friend is free, I'm spending the afternoon with her, and won't have time to hang around non-priority check-in.

If she's not, I'm not clearing Canadian immigration for a US to INTL connection

On Sunday, I'll be TB, and can hand them out very easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.