Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:10 pm

I have 2 passes expiring 28.Feb. Happy to mail them to an FTer with 100+ posts who PMs me a link where they've helped/shared with another FT member.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by 24left
Not sure this is the right thread to post

I had a few passes that were going to expire and I was in between flights at YVR. I saw people sitting on the circular couches outside the door and I asked each of them if they had AC BPs. They all did. So I handed them passes and suggested they enjoy lunch in the MLL. They all had that "what?" look on their faces. It was amusing. And they didn't get up. I said I would take them to the MLL desk to make sure they got in and suggested they grab their stuff and go. The comments were the usual thanks, wow and such. I wished them a fun stay (well, edamame and kale are only so much fun really) and suggested they pay it forward. I still remember the look on one guy's face. Almost like he won a prize on a game show. Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking. Still, that's what these passes are for.

One woman asked me "But don't you need those passes for yourself?" Another person sitting nearby with status tags answered and said no, that we have access due to status and receive these passes as "benefits" to share.
That's a great use of passes. I bet they'll tell that story to their friends wherever they're going. Kudos for you for making someone's travelling experience just a little bit nicer.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SE
Digging up this thread from last year as I have 2 guest passes valid for Domestic/TB MLLs and expiring Feb 29th 2020 to give away. PM me if you can use them.

*Edit* Passes are gone now!
tcook052 likes this.

Last edited by jasdou; Jan 17, 2020 at 8:55 am
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I also have a bunch of extra unneeded.
Flight again next week I'll try to give them at the airport.

Last edited by theBeachBoy; Jan 17, 2020 at 12:37 pm
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:41 am

I have 6 of these guest passes for the domestic/transborder MLL lounge expiring Feb 29/20 that I will not use.

If you can make use of them, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll drop it in the mail.

*****Passes all gone

Last edited by Commie; Jan 19, 2020 at 8:15 am
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I have two Feb29/20 expiring passes if anyone can use them in the next 30 days or so. PM me ASAP as I'm leaving Canada on Tuesday.

***GONE TO NOVA SOCTIA***

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 27, 2020 at 6:16 pm
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Lounge Guest Pass for AC flight operated by TS

I wanted to give two of my guest passes that expire at the end of the month to a friend flying to CUN soon.

However, I just realized that their flight is operated by TS A330 (aircraft and crew).

This daily flight (AC2426) is only sold by AC. It doesn’t appear on airtransat.com

Maybe people who took Omni or Qatar flights have insights?

Would they be granted access or should I find other people to give them to? Please dont be biased by the fact I may offer them on here 😜😜😜

Last edited by monsieurcumulus; Feb 2, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
I wanted to give two of my guest passes that expire at the end of the month to a friend flying to CUN soon.

However, I just realized that their flight is operated by TS A330 (aircraft and crew).

This daily flight (AC2426) is only sold by AC. It doesn’t appear on airtransat.com

Maybe people who took Omni or Qatar flights have insights?

Would they be granted access or should I find other people to give them to? Please to be biased by the fact I may offer them on here 😜😜😜
One thing to note is that lounge passes do not work in the international lounges.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
One thing to note is that lounge passes do not work in the international lounges.
Aren’t they able to use the domestic lounge and go to the international section only to board their flight? (It’s in YUL so you can’t access the Intl if you fly domestic but you can access the domestic lounge if you fly Intl)
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
Aren’t they able to use the domestic lounge and go to the international section only to board their flight? (It’s in YUL so you can’t access the Intl if you fly domestic but you can access the domestic lounge if you fly Intl)
That might be theoretically possible, but I doubt you could find anyone who has tried. If they live in YUL don't waste time at the airport. If it's a tight connection, don't waist time in the DOM MLL.

I guess if it's over an hour it may be worth hiding out from the muggles, especially if they themselves are new (but make sure they are aware they are a 20 minute walk from their gate)
​​​​​
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I have two lounge passes available for domestic or US MLL, expiring Feb 29, 2020 ... [Edit: These are gone]

Last edited by CanuckFlyer; Feb 20, 2020 at 12:40 pm Reason: Passes have been claimed
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
I've got two domestic/ TB expiring Feb 29. I'm happy to just drop them in the mail to the first person to PM. I'm mailing them from the States so probably better to use on flights later in the month.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K
A bit late to the party but I have 1 domestic/TB lounge pass that expires at the end of February. Shipping from the GTA. PM if you're interested.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I plan to just keep mine on me and give them away to people in the airport who look like they could really use a break.
Nitehawk, canadiancow and kenlor like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I plan to just keep mine on me and give them away to people in the airport who look like they could really use a break.
I have 8-9 left in my bag and my next flight is the 28th

​​​​​​I plan to do the same, just give them random.
inar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.