Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
I have two Domestic MLL passes available, expire FEB 28, 2019.
PM me if you can use them, only those with 100 + posts need apply.
Regards
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:43 am

PMed. Hopefully not too late.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I was foolish not to bring them with me on this trip so this probably won't help anyone, but...

I can post out 2 passes on Feb 18th when I return - this means your travel would have to be in the last week of February to be of any use. Sorry for the constraint.

Claimed

Last edited by WaytoomuchEurope; Feb 7, 2019 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
I have ONE Domestic MLL pass available, expires FEB 28, 2019. Gone

Last edited by dr_torch; Feb 6, 2019 at 11:06 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Not sure this is the right thread to post

I had a few passes that were going to expire and I was in between flights at YVR. I saw people sitting on the circular couches outside the door and I asked each of them if they had AC BPs. They all did. So I handed them passes and suggested they enjoy lunch in the MLL. They all had that "what?" look on their faces. It was amusing. And they didn't get up. I said I would take them to the MLL desk to make sure they got in and suggested they grab their stuff and go. The comments were the usual thanks, wow and such. I wished them a fun stay (well, edamame and kale are only so much fun really) and suggested they pay it forward. I still remember the look on one guy's face. Almost like he won a prize on a game show. Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking. Still, that's what these passes are for.

One woman asked me "But don't you need those passes for yourself?" Another person sitting nearby with status tags answered and said no, that we have access due to status and receive these passes as "benefits" to share.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:47 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Nice! I keep meaning to this and then forget the passes at home.

I have a couple of passes that expire this month so will (hopefully) haul them with me when I fly to YYZ a little later this month.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 24left

I had a few passes that were going to expire and I was in between flights at YVR. I saw people sitting on the circular couches outside the door and I asked each of them if they had AC BPs. They all did. So I handed them passes and suggested they enjoy lunch in the MLL. They all had that "what?" look on their faces. It was amusing. And they didn't get up. I said I would take them to the MLL desk to make sure they got in and suggested they grab their stuff and go. The comments were the usual thanks, wow and such. I wished them a fun stay (well, edamame and kale are only so much fun really) and suggested they pay it forward. I still remember the look on one guy's face. Almost like he won a prize on a game show. Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking. Still, that's what these passes are for.

One woman asked me "But don't you need those passes for yourself?" Another person sitting nearby with status tags answered and said no, that we have access due to status and receive these passes as "benefits" to share.
I love this idea and wish I had thought of it, but at least mine are getting used by a contributor here.

I will look forward to doing this in a year's time.
musicmtl likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I have two domestic/TB MLL lounge passes expiring at the end of the month.
PM me
Must have post count near or above my own.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:13 am

I have 3 Domestic/Transborder MLL passes available that expires Feb 28th 2019. I can drop them off in the mail this Friday when I return home.
Members with over 100 post send me request via PM.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by 24left

Nicely done! I tried doing that at YYC Chinook - I offered to a family that just sat down at the food court, but they had already decided the fast food they wanted to wait and pay for. There were a couple of strangers sitting by the lounge entrance, who accepted and had a snack before their travels. I have PP entries coming out of my eyeballs, and so rarely there - just glad someone can make use of it!
voyageuse likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:13 am

I have two Domestic MLL passes available, expire FEB 28, 2019. Send me a request via PM and I can mail them out. Claimed.

Last edited by mbritter; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:44 am Reason: Claimed passes
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
No wonder there was no place to set my plate of kale when I got to YYZ MLL TB last Thursday - must have been full of people getting free passes from strangers.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by flyquiet
No wonder there was no place to set my plate of kale when I got to YYZ MLL TB last Thursday - must have been full of people getting free passes from strangers.
YVR DOM MLL busy this morning too, saw a huge stack of passes at the front desk.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
YVR DOM MLL busy this morning too, saw a huge stack of passes at the front desk.
Also saw this at YVR Dom. This is always the case in Jan and Feb each year as people realize their passes will expire.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I found 2 passes in my desk drawer that will expire on Feb 28, 2019. PM me if you can use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.