Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K
I have one Domestic/Transborder guest pass left, expires Feb 28, 2018.
As is my normal custom, I'm happy to mail it out to any member with over 100 posts.
PM me your details.
Regards
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had ~20 minutes to kill in YYZ TB on Sunday, so I stood by the counter, watching.

One woman thought she was supposed to have access, but was told she didn't, so I walked over and gave her a pass.

One man had a TD Aeroplan card, and wanted him and his wife to come in. The card was only good for him. I walked over, handed them a pass, and the (different) agent said that their manager had said no passes - only paid entry. They were "too full".

For reference, it was certainly crowded, but nowhere near the busiest I've seen.

As a result, I'm holding 5 passes right now.

If you have over 100 posts, are not a troll, and could use 1-5 for you or friends/family between the ~15th (for shipping time) and 28th, send me a PM.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:47 pm

I have 2 passes good for the domestic or transborder lounges that expire Feb 28. If you are located in Edmonton then I would be more than happy to give them away.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had ~20 minutes to kill in YYZ TB on Sunday, so I stood by the counter, watching.
...One man had a TD Aeroplan card, and wanted him and his wife to come in. The card was only good for him. I walked over, handed them a pass, and the (different) agent said that their manager had said no passes - only paid entry. They were "too full".

For reference, it was certainly crowded, but nowhere near the busiest I've seen.
Perhaps you had already guest'd someone in, but does the same rule apply to a guest of a SE? I feel like it does not, and they were just power tripping.

And while we're at it, just what is the definition of a lounge being "too full"? If it is bodies, could one not wait a minute for someone to exit? I have never seen staff walking around with a clicker counter... though I have only visited YYZ MLL a couple times in my life. Though if truly busy, the agent was likely doing them a favour of skipping the madhouse!

Quite kind of you to lurk by the counter for this purpose!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by eracerblue
Perhaps you had already guest'd someone in, but does the same rule apply to a guest of a SE? I feel like it does not, and they were just power tripping.

And while we're at it, just what is the definition of a lounge being "too full"? If it is bodies, could one not wait a minute for someone to exit? I have never seen staff walking around with a clicker counter... though I have only visited YYZ MLL a couple times in my life. Though if truly busy, the agent was likely doing them a favour of skipping the madhouse!

Quite kind of you to lurk by the counter for this purpose!
I could have guested someone, but that has different levels of "responsibility" on my part. And I wanted to hand out all 6 lounge passes.

They said they were letting in "paid guests", but not "passes". Or something like that. It really made no sense.

I was not happy.

Still have 5 passes, btw
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:37 am

I could have guested someone, but that has different levels of "responsibility" on my part.
Is there really any responsibility, or just sanctity of the lounge?

Still have 5 passes, btw
Almost as quick as I gave the last of mine away, I was actually given a couple more. I've put out a call to friends/colleagues that could want them, but so far I'm mostly hearing people want them after Feb 28. My team happened to book a number of other airlines this month, so some may go unused, oh well! Maybe next transfer I'll look on the board for a delayed flight or swing by customer service to make someone's day.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:41 am

Is there really any responsibility, or just sanctity of the lounge?
They get logged as your guest, so if they were to start throwing chairs around, it might come back to bite you.

Almost as quick as I gave the last of mine away, I was actually given a couple more. I've put out a call to friends/colleagues that could want them, but so far I'm mostly hearing people want them after Feb 28. My team happened to book a number of other airlines this month, so some may go unused, oh well! Maybe next transfer I'll look on the board for a delayed flight or swing by customer service to make someone's day.
Customer service desk was going to be my next stop, but since they weren't going to let pass-holders in, I didn't bother.

I have no flights booked before end of month, so I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll see if anyone at work is going to be flying AC?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:58 am

They get logged as your guest, so if they were to start throwing chairs around, it might come back to bite you.
Haha - I suppose!

I have no flights booked before end of month, so I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll see if anyone at work is going to be flying AC?
Thanks for the offer btw! If they happen to be >Feb 28 2018, I can help you.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:32 pm

I have 3 remaining.

They're available for anyone who isn't a troll and has a few posts under their belt.

They will be sent from SFO, so keep that in mind with your flight dates.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Wait? The guest passes are traced back to the member?

I found 3 unused ones last month on an air bridge and snail mailed them to 3 coworkers. Never before met coworkers. IT Consultants never before having access to such luxurious open bar can't cause that much damage, could they?

Or maybe its best that they can't be traced back to me.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Wait? The guest passes are traced back to the member?

I found 3 unused ones last month on an air bridge and snail mailed them to 3 coworkers. Never before met coworkers. IT Consultants never before having access to such luxurious open bar can't cause that much damage, could they?

Or maybe its best that they can't be traced back to me.
No. The barcode has basic information in it and there is no member number in it.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 15, 2018 at 5:10 pm Reason: edit deleted quote
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
No. The barcode has basic information in it and there is no member number in it.
They're coded like boarding passes. The passenger name in this case is "MAPLELEAFLOUNGE/PASS".

But yeah, no member number.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Hypothetically speaking, if a person had 7 or 8 1-time use guest passes for DOM and TB MLLs, would said person be allowed to offer them up for free to someone on a public forum?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Hypothetically speaking, if a person had 7 or 8 1-time use guest passes for DOM and TB MLLs, would said person be allowed to offer them up for free to someone on a public forum?
Yes, there’s a thread for it. I gave mine away at a do. The thread speaks of someone who took one and then sold it.

I also gave a couple away at work. The year I ended up with 10.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jc94

Yes, there’s a thread for it. I gave mine away at a do. The thread speaks of someone who took one and then sold it.

I also gave a couple away at work. The year I ended up with 10.
Someone paid actual cash for access to a DOM MLL? Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.