Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Ah! It didn't occur to me that a smart individual like yourself wouldn't be using an iPad :P
Does that mean Mr. Smith is smarter?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hi Peever! I see you!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hi Peever! I see you!
Well I miss you!! Come back!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I miss you!! Come back!
Perhaps... But you need to do a ramen run. East side yo.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

I already might have! But if I did you missed it because you weren't around to hear about it :O
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I already might have! But if I did you missed it because you weren't around to hear about it :O
It's ok. I'll go by Rule 32 on this one.

I thought there was one too many, and since I was the one with that problem, I excused myself instead.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I thought there was one too many, and since I was the one with that problem, I excused myself instead.
Email me.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Peever definitely has not done any East Side Ramen runs, we're the ones doing the West Side Ramen runs 'cause Peever's too wimpy to make it East side yo! :[

Ya but now you're missing out on #layoverlife
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaysona
Peever definitely has not done any East Side Ramen runs, we're the ones doing the West Side Ramen runs 'cause Peever's too wimpy to make it East side yo! :[
Ha! I knew he was bluffing.

Originally Posted by jaysona
Ya but now you're missing out on #layoverlife
I know you're not bluffing on this one.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I wish there was a way to get you back into the mix, is all I'm saying.

And if Peever makes an Eastern noodle run, he damn well better give some warning...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Ate through all eight eps of A Series of Unfortunate Event in six hours.

Netflix is not going to kill TV, they already have.

2012: 10% of my content consumption are from Netflix Original Production
2013: 15%
2014: 25%
2015:30%
2016: 50%
2017:?
New TV Series from David Fincher, The Crown S2, Stranger Things S2, Black Mirror, Bojack Horseman, House of Cards, Orange is the Black

At some point, for most people, it will reach 100%. Garbage shows like NCIS or Suits will go die and new long form drama will take over. (Perhaps already have?)

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jan 13, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

Netflix is not going to kill Cable, they already have.

Netflix didn't kill cable. Cable was dead long before that. Netflix just helped bury it.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by 24left
Netflix didn't kill cable. Cable was dead long before that. Netflix just helped bury it.
Well, allow me to be more bold here. All forms of TV media. Then three years from now we will talk about how Netflix will kill movie distribution business and so on.... news... sports
Though I guess having a 50-60B valuation already reflects that.

And these companies, such as Rogers, Bell, HBO are so clueless and cant pull their heads from their bottoms.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Well, allow me to be more bold here. All forms of TV media. Then three years from now we will talk about how Netflix will kill movie distribution business and so on.... news... sports
Though I guess having a 50-60B valuation already reflects that.
Jack,
Remind me one day to tell you the history of media from an evolutionary-revolutuionay aspect. I smile with a bit of sadness sometimes, having warned clients and the companies we dealt with, that they were on something like the media version of life-support. Not so many years ago, this scared companies like Bell enough to gobble up CTV and the Globe and Mail. Still did not change the end result because too many in the old "mainline" media could not see the train coming.

Oh, and for no other reason than me liking "change and disruption", I applaud the visionaries like Apple and Netflix for doing what they did.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Jack,
Remind me one day to tell you the history of media from an evolutionary-revolutuionay aspect. I smile with a bit of sadness sometimes, having warned clients and the companies we dealt with, that they were on something like the media version of life-support. Not so many years ago, this scared companies like Bell enough to gobble up CTV and the Globe and Mail. Still did not change the end result because too many in the old "mainline" media could not see the train coming.
Tell me at the YVR DO on Feb 4th!
So many industries in NA, esp in retail are so far behind.

I mean, call me naive and all, I would argue the train was loud and clear, the execs were busy cashing in as opposed to paying attention to whats actually happening. Next industry to be hit by reality train are banks and its going to be reckoning for many of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.