Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Vancouver Do : Date Locked In: FEB 4th
6PM:

Rodney’s Oyster House in Gastown
52 Powell Street,Vancouver, B.C.
V6A 1E7

The one at Yaletown is already booked to the max until 8:45PM for large parties, unfortunately

My number is 604-442-1536 in case you have to contact me for event related issues

Just Dinner- Confirmed One more guaranteed spot remains
chx1975
ScGhost0
SKYEG
Jumper Jack
Nitehawk
nomadic.relief

Wait List
knotseh 50/50
DrunkCargo

Regrets
Adam Smith

AC's flight schedule doesn't allow getting home for Superbowl
canadiancow
Print Wikipost

Vancouver DO - Feb 4th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
I won't be able to do Whistler but I can join for dinner! I would post my name in the wiki but I'm still 35 posts shy of the 90 post limit so if someone could put my name under the "Dinner only" that would be much appreciated! First FT DO for me so looking forward to putting a face to some names in the area

I've added you to the wiki for the Dinner
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by 24left
I've added you to the wiki for the Dinner
Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I had just realized today I am actually more green than blue for my ski level if there's no fresh powder on the ground lol. Found out the hard way today when I had to do freaking pizza

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jan 13, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I had just realized today I am actually more green than blue for my ski level if there's no fresh powder on the ground lol. Found out the hard way today when I had to do freaking pizza
Am I bad a person if a quick glance saw "pizza" and thought "YES!" and then further reading made me sad?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Am I bad a person if a quick glance saw "pizza" and thought "YES!" and then further reading made me sad?
Is this your inconspicuous way of making a dinner suggestion?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Haha well I guess you're in luck cause its supposed to snow like crazy up in Whistler for the next few weeks. Very jealous but I'll have to wait until March to get my Whistler fix.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Haha well I guess you're in luck cause its supposed to snow like crazy up in Whistler for the next few weeks. Very jealous but I'll have to wait until March to get my Whistler fix.
Booked a March trip this week, and have been stalking everything Whistler for a few days! Looks like this next week will be a battle of freezing level...could be monstrous, or could be heavy rain for the bottom half.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gold23
Booked a March trip this week, and have been stalking everything Whistler for a few days! Looks like this next week will be a battle of freezing level...could be monstrous, or could be heavy rain for the bottom half.
Yes thats true. The ol pineapple express. Looks like freezing levels around 1700-1900m. At least the upper alpine should be getting lots of snow. Couldn't care less about mid mountain. Freezing levels back to village by end of the week.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...kcomb/6day/top
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:46 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
After checking her calendar, Mrs. Smith reminded me that I had already committed to attend an event in YYC with her that evening, so unfortunately I'm out. Another time, hopefully.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Mrs Knotseh is coming into town. Pretty sure she will kill me if I run to hang out with FT peeps. We shall see! (chances are lower now)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
So I am going to try and lock this down by Monday or Tuesday next week to confirm the DOs.
Maybe we could have you guys start to firm up soon. :P
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Booked my flight just now into YVR Fri Feb 3rd at Noon and leaving Monday the 6th at 1PM. I won't have my snowboard with me so I'm not sure if I'll make the Whistler trip(hate rentals) but I'm in for dinner 100% on Saturday!

canadiancow : you better make the trip!!! Fly in Fri too and let's have that long overdue drink

I don't recognize the rest of the names but I look forward to meeting you all! ^
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Booked my flight just now into YVR Fri Feb 3rd at Noon and leaving Monday the 6th at 1PM. I won't have my snowboard with me so I'm not sure if I'll make the Whistler trip(hate rentals) but I'm in for dinner 100% on Saturday!

canadiancow : you better make the trip!!! Fly in Fri too and let's have that long overdue drink

I don't recognize the rest of the names but I look forward to meeting you all! ^
It's a lot of money for a dinner. $550 USD for flights, plus 1-2 hotel nights?

You want me to fly in early enough to do the skiing, but not do the skiing?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKYEG
You could consider DEMO rentals at Whistler, expansive but well worth it from what I am hearing.

If you come all that way it would be huge miss out if you dont make it up the Horstman Hut ^
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Isn't South Slurry a White Rock want to be's.
"Living in White Rock, is never having to say your Surrey"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.