Wiki Posts
Search

Advice for US-YYZ-Int'l w/kids

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lanpass, AAdvantage
Advice for US-YYZ-Int'l w/kids

Hi, looking into flying US-YYZ-Int'l with kids. I've never flown AC for anything outside Canada. There are conflicting posts as to how long it takes to go through YYZ:
1) On the outbound, is a 1:30 connection in YYZ doable (US-YYZ-Int'l all on AC)? It is a valid connection of course, but missing the flight and being rebooked for the next evening would suck. Alternative is a ~4 hours connection which, with the kids, is a lot of time to spend at the airport
2) On the inbound (Int'l-YYZ-US, all AC), it's either 1:50 or 5:15 hours. 1:50 sounds very tight (US customs, re check bags, security). Missing the first flight and being rebooked on the second ( party of 5) would suck but might be worth the gamble.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ORDSCL
Hi, looking into flying US-YYZ-Int'l with kids. I've never flown AC for anything outside Canada. There are conflicting posts as to how long it takes to go through YYZ:
1) On the outbound, is a 1:30 connection in YYZ doable (US-YYZ-Int'l all on AC)? It is a valid connection of course, but missing the flight and being rebooked for the next evening would suck. Alternative is a ~4 hours connection which, with the kids, is a lot of time to spend at the airport
2) On the inbound (Int'l-YYZ-US, all AC), it's either 1:50 or 5:15 hours. 1:50 sounds very tight (US customs, re check bags, security). Missing the first flight and being rebooked on the second ( party of 5) would suck but might be worth the gamble.

Thoughts?
Assuming all you flights are on time, outbound is easily doable as you go thru Canada immigration at the purple connection desk where I have never seen more than 10 people lining up. And since you are all AC, no terminal change, just need to go from transborder area to International via the connection desk.
Inbound may be more of a challenge but depends on day and time of day. Still doable. You have to identify your bag on a screen to go thru US CBP so not only do you have to hope that CBP is not busy, you also have to hope that the baggage shows up quickly.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Plenty of time in both directions - assuming flights anywhere close to being on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.