Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight time and plane change; no notification from Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight in I (award) that has been changed by 1.5 hr later departure and the plane change from A321 to E90. I found this out by checking the itinerary as I do from time to time but no email have been received as to the above change. It appears that seats are the same and connections are not compromised. The concern I have is AP's lack of communication when changes occur and I think the food options may be limited on this changed plane (4 hr flight). There is probably not much that I can do here but it still bothers me to be "neglected". The trip is 4 months from now and maybe they will tell me about it closer to the date.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I have a flight in I (award) that has been changed by 1.5 hr later departure and the plane change from A321 to E90. I found this out by checking the itinerary as I do from time to time but no email have been received as to the above change. It appears that seats are the same and connections are not compromised. The concern I have is AP's lack of communication when changes occur and I think the food options may be limited on this changed plane (4 hr flight). There is probably not much that I can do here but it still bothers me to be "neglected". The trip is 4 months from now and maybe they will tell me about it closer to the date.
Does AE have your current email? I find them very good about any chances.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Yes, the same as the original ticket was forwarded to.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
I think you just noticed it before the email came out. It could change again.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR72
I think you just noticed it before the email came out. It could change again.
No, I noticed the change at least 2 weeks ago, waiting for the email to confirm the change is valid.

You are probably right about future changes to this trip as it has some segments to it with 3 stops. I had notifications in the past when stuff changed and there were times when I had to look for it myself.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I raised this issue yesterday in a different thread. Also, no notice of a much more significant change.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:50 pm
Original Member

Until the flight actually departs they can't know all the details for certain. Therefore they will hold off sending you the notification of changes until after the flight.

To prevent your inbox from being filled with pointless notifications.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I made two bookings to the same destination; one revenue, one award. Received notification of a flight cancellation on the revenue booking, absolutely nothing for the reward booking. We're talking a wholesale change of the itinerary -- both segments are affected and we need to be at the airport several hours earlier than we had originally booked.

This isn't the first time I experience these kinds of changes to a reward booking, and not once have I actually been notified. Classic case of "buyer beware."
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:10 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I've found them good about sending notification of unimportant 5-minute changes and very poor about sending notification of significant changes, e.g. schedule change that causes misconnect.

1NF, a schedule change that big, as well as the aircraft change, should entitle you to make a change to something more palatable, if such a thing exists.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Until the flight actually departs they can't know all the details for certain. Therefore they will hold off sending you the notification of changes until after the flight.

To prevent your inbox from being filled with pointless notifications.
^
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
I have an award trip happening next week and just received a major change from Aeroplan. This change involved changing from SQ (BKK to SIN to DPS) to Thai (BKK to DPS). The change is fine for us, seemingly no YQ being charged and it is on a 787 in J (actually I as it is an award). I called Thai and booked our seats, also called Turkish to check on the seats on their flights. All seems to be in place. My question is, do I call Aeroplan with their long wait times to do a final confirmation or am I good to go? Thanks in advance if anyone has special advice.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by adam.smith
I've found them good about sending notification of unimportant 5-minute changes and very poor about sending notification of significant changes, e.g. schedule change that causes misconnect.

1NF, a schedule change that big, as well as the aircraft change, should entitle you to make a change to something more palatable, if such a thing exists.
I always get my notifications. Never had a problem. But, then again, I never book flights more than 2 months out. Usually, I only book flights 2 to 10 days out.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I find this strange as both I and the person holding the ticket if I use my points for them always get the emails, even for the most minor of changes. Might be good to recheck your profile or phone Aeroplan (I know a pain) to see what the problem is.

I had a similar problem with Hilton and it was in their database despite everything apparently correct and signed up for notifications. It got fixed and I haven't had a problem since. Don't know if Aeroplan's IT is up to it, but might be worth a try. Good thing that you keep checking though--always the best policy regardless.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Altitude E75K
I had this same problem last year - flight was cancelled and I was put on one an hour later with no notification.

Wasn't that big of a deal but I did complain to AC and actually got a nice-sized voucher out of it.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by hastuk
I have an award trip happening next week and just received a major change from Aeroplan. This change involved changing from SQ (BKK to SIN to DPS) to Thai (BKK to DPS). The change is fine for us, seemingly no YQ being charged and it is on a 787 in J (actually I as it is an award). I called Thai and booked our seats, also called Turkish to check on the seats on their flights. All seems to be in place. My question is, do I call Aeroplan with their long wait times to do a final confirmation or am I good to go? Thanks in advance if anyone has special advice.

Make sure each airline has emailed you a confirmed itinerary.

As SQ notes on theirs, it's an itinerary, not a ticket, so you must have your original Aeroplan ticket with you as well.

And given what Aeroplan did to me on a recent RTW, scrutinize the 014 ticket numbers issued by Aeroplan, make sure they are the same numbers on the partner confirmations.

And absolutely continue to check that they match while you are on your trip.

After 2 other experiences with Aeroplan, I checked the tickets and actually even called all of the partners on my RTW. Everything was fine. Yet, I could not check in for segment 3 and it took someone from another airline to sort it out and discover Aeroplan had issued a new ticket number while I was in-flight and did not notify me or the partner airline.

I don't care who else has had great luck and great success on every one of their Aeroplan multi-partner tickets.

All it takes is one disaster like being denied boarding because the airline has no record of your booking, yet you hold an Aeroplan ticket.

just saying.....

Have a great trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.