Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Feeling even better now about not making super elite next year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feeling even better now about not making super elite next year

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Yes sir, i have been to airport Dom lounge in China many.... many times.

Usually there is one fried rice dish and one fried noodles dish. There will always be instant noodles ready to go in at least 2-3 flavours.
If you you need have flown China Eastern, Shanghai Airline and Air China that many times I don't know how you can come to the conclusion the "free food" are bad. They are good for what it is- fill you up. And consider AC charges what, 50RMB equivalent for a Chicken Wrap. I would say thanks to AC, I have come to appreciate flying in China more and more.

No booze in lounge? Perfect- I could give less of a damn about that. I would be more than happy if AC could improve food offering... even if its at the expense of booze cut back(But ultimately I am not exactly in their cohort)
I am 187cm tall and I am still not sure about where you got your less legroom fact from. Perhaps you can point me towards a site with specifications on legroom vs AC?
First, instant noodles is not real food. Very few(major center)'only have the hot food you are talking about. Free food is not bad food, but the food serviced in Y is. White rice, with 1gram of chicken or beef served with a fatty grave sort of thing is not good or good for you. You may not drink, but most people do.

You love your deals. Yes, flying in China is cheaper than flying in Canada, but only if you buy your tickets in China. If not, prices are the same. You don't need a web site to tell you the leg room, if you are flying these flights/airlines. You know there is no leg room when your knees are jammed into the seat I front of you.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by 24left
Also, flyers post quite the collection of rants or compliments that could easily make it another type of social media vent-fest.
How is that different from FT? At least with Skytrax, you have a larger number of data points all averaged out.

Again, perception is personal.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by segacs
How is that different from FT? At least with Skytrax, you have a larger number of data points all averaged out.

Again, perception is personal.
You brought up SkyTrax in response to 1Newflyer.

Neither SkyTrax, FT, FB or Twitter etc etc are quantifiable in the same way as a properly conducted survey, so posted comments become more qualitative. IMHO.

Anyway, value of status is relevant only to the person holding it, or to those who aspire to it.

- Philosophy by 24left

Last edited by 24left; Sep 17, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by 24left
Anyway, value of status is relevant only to the person holding it, or to those who aspire to it.

- Philosophy by 24left

Dont forget the jealous masses giving you the stink eye at the airport.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by karachi
Dont forget the jealous masses giving you the stink eye at the airport.
Didn't you read the other thread?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...de-status.html

No One Know Who I Am
LOL
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rumors are VPNs are getting cracked down soon as they who shall must not be named in China figured out the way to track and block it....
Except, i am running my own server. I doubt they would bother about a VPN server that serves just one client.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Stranger
Except, i am running my own server. I doubt they would bother about a VPN server that serves just one client.
We are going way off topic now, but what I read from some security researchers is that this accepted wisdom is no longer true, rather than simply blocking the IPs of known VPN services, the Great Firewall now uses DPI to find known or likely VPN traffic (e.g. anything OpenVPN) at the protocol level. In some instances ALL ssh traffic maybe be throttled to the point of unusability which will nuke a lot of homebrew VPNs.

My preferred solution (for mobile, anyway) is just get a dual-HK/China SIM in HK, and then use Google with impunity with no VPN required. No idea if this is still working but it worked perfectly six months ago.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left;27226614

[B
Anyway, value of status is relevant only to the person holding it, or to those who aspire to it.[/B]

[

And those who can use it.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
And those who can use it.
Yup, works for me

- Philosophy by 24left
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by 97gst
I was on the dreamliner to SHA last year on AC and it was glorious and quiet.
That would be nice to fly into SHA. The hour long taxi ride from PVG is always a drag.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mendy7511
That would be nice to fly into SHA. The hour long taxi ride from PVG is always a drag.
I like SHA better too. When I first started flying into Shanghai, there was no PVG and SHA only had 6 or so gates but you were in and out in minutes.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I like SHA better too. When I first started flying into Shanghai, there was no PVG and SHA only had 6 or so gates but you were in and out in minutes.
SHA is okay but when there's traffic on the Yan An elevated expressway its the very definition of regret of "should have PVGed"
I missed my first flight of my life that way lol - this was before the subway had gotten there. Now the airport being a transportation hub its much easier to land and grab a bullet train to the final destination for those reside out of Shanghai.

New terminal is nice too, lots of good and cheap food options inside for domestic.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 18, 2016 at 1:19 am
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mendy7511
hour long taxi ride from PVG? The 8-minute Maglev train right from the airport takes you 26km towards Shanghai, and reaches 431km/hr. coolest ride ever!

Then a 10min cab or 4rmb to take the subway 4 stops to downtown.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:03 am
Suspended

SHA is okay but when there's traffic on the Yan An elevated expressway its the very definition of regret of "should have PVGed"
I missed my first flight of my life that way lol - this was before the subway had gotten there. Now the airport being a transportation hub its much easier to land and grab a bullet train to the final destination for those reside out of Shanghai.

New terminal is nice too, lots of good and cheap food options inside for domestic.
Never had that problem. Plus, when the traffic is bad, it's usually faster taking the road under the expressways.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by eigenvector
We are going way off topic now
Indeed and so many off topic posts rather than delete them all will just close this thread.

tcook052
Ac forum moderator

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 18, 2016 at 11:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.