Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
Why does AC insist on having FAs place the warm breads, rolls or pastries on ice cold plates? Did someone miss that class in school where you learn that by placing warm food on cold plates, you get cold food? Yes #.FWP
I am ok with that. The real problem is the little pads of butter. They hard. The ice pads should be removed just as boarding starts and they should be permitted to warm up slightly so that when you try to use the butter it is soft.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Recently renewed my AC membership as it is a benefit to my credit card. I added the tags to our luggage so now all of our pieces have the same luggage tag, however, the tags keep flipping over, and it's annoying to flip it back over to make sure my name is on it. Who can I speak to so that I may resolve this matter?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I am ok with that. The real problem is the little pads of butter. They hard. The ice pads should be removed just as boarding starts and they should be permitted to warm up slightly so that when you try to use the butter it is soft.
When my tray arrives, I immediately place the little container of butter on the corner of my entree. Butter softens in a couple minutes.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by AleEat
When my tray arrives, I immediately place the little container of butter on the corner of my entree. Butter softens in a couple minutes.
That is my go to life hack as well. Actually the only time someone else has ever notice it was aboard AC. I had a hard time convincing the FA who wanted to replace my entree that it was intentional.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
before entree arrives, when you have cold appetiser only .. just hold the butter in yr hand for a minute or so and it will get soft.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
The sales director I work said his champagne was warm and he had to put ice cubes in it. He wants to know why AC keeps serving him warm champagne.

Bingo!!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by meunger11
Recently renewed my AC membership as it is a benefit to my credit card. I added the tags to our luggage so now all of our pieces have the same luggage tag, however, the tags keep flipping over, and it's annoying to flip it back over to make sure my name is on it. Who can I speak to so that I may resolve this matter?

@meunger11
That's outrageous. I'd write in.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by karachi
before entree arrives, when you have cold appetiser only .. just hold the butter in yr hand for a minute or so and it will get soft.
Also a good way to warm up cold nuts.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:45 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Also a good way to warm up cold nuts.
So to speak.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
So to speak.
It works better with someone else's hand.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
For buy on board, it would be great if Air Canada could tally up your total purchases for the flight and then credit the appropriate Aeroplan miles based on spend, as opposed to a per transaction award which is what they do now.

I cannot plan over a 5 hour flight what I choose to buy all in one go, and as of now, in order to maximize miles spent, I am incentivized to buy everything I want in one go.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
For buy on board, it would be great if Air Canada could tally up your total purchases for the flight and then credit the appropriate Aeroplan miles based on spend, as opposed to a per transaction award which is what they do now.

I cannot plan over a 5 hour flight what I choose to buy all in one go, and as of now, in order to maximize miles spent, I am incentivized to buy everything I want in one go.
The thread is for least substantive things one can complain about.

This in fact is substantive.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
On the subject of the bread (again), why is it so hard to AC to provide a bread roll that isn't frozen? I mean, keeping them frozen is surely costing them money, why not leave them at room (or cabin) temp, even that would be preferable.

I too use the butter on some hot area trick. On top of the foil in Y works well.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by karachi
Even better - in your pocket. Which leads to my next complaint - can Air Canada please make the foil lids on the butter more "secure" so they don't come off when in my pocket warming up?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Even better - in your pocket. Which leads to my next complaint - can Air Canada please make the foil lids on the butter more "secure" so they don't come off when in my pocket warming up?
Then I'm glad I refrained from suggesting a variety of ways to use body heat to warm the butter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.