Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
When five families of 20 people block up the zone 2 boarding line. #Triggered
You've obviously never flown to business centers. I was coming out of AMS and probably 3/4 of the flight was in the priority line. There was literally 15 or 20 people in the economy line up. It's the same out of BRU, LUX, and GVA. In Europe everyone is priority
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:23 am

No, my problem is when I see zone above 2 on their boarding pass. I mean I see this happen on every flight and usually not triggered by it.. But when there's like literally 10+ people who is not zone 2 in front of me.....
Your first post did not mention you checked everyone's boarding passes. My bad!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 24left

@meunger11
That's outrageous. I'd write in.
Straight to the CEO's office using quill pen on parchment, with a wax seal, by raven!

I think I got my comma placement right on that...?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
In Europe everyone is priority
Do they get participation trophies at the conclusion of their flights, too?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by meunger11
Do they get participation trophies at the conclusion of their flights, too?
This would be brilliant, it would probably sell plane tickets because it makes them feel so special and important!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
No, my problem is when I see zone above 2 on their boarding pass. I mean I see this happen on every flight and usually not triggered by it.. But when there's like literally 10+ people who is not zone 2 in front of me.....
LOL. This stuff belongs in the zoned boarding thread, and this is certainly not some obscure and least substantive thing to be complained about.

This happens
All.
The.
Time.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
It annoys me when the seatbelt is clipped into the seat backwards, and so the belt itself needs a 180 twist in order to be done up.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
LOL. This stuff belongs in the zoned boarding thread, and this is certainly not some obscure and least substantive thing to be complained about.

This happens
All.
The.
Time.
Well on another note, maybe they do have zone 2 boarding privilege. I guess even if one person has status, all the family members can board with him/her, even if the boarding pass says Zone 2+

So perhaps I am the one in the wrong here.
Thinking back I probably should not have made such assumptions. Though at the same time, do families with babies get to use Zone1/2 boarding line automatically?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Though at the same time, do families with babies get to use Zone1/2 boarding line automatically?
Zone 2.5
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I know people who include the zone 2 folks in your complaint.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canopus27
It annoys me when the seatbelt is clipped into the seat backwards, and so the belt itself needs a 180 twist in order to be done up.
This one has to be the title award winning post.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
This one has to be the title award winning post.
Oh, don't laugh.

One time I actually reached between the seats, unclipped the (reversed) seatbelt, and attempted to clip it back in with the correct orientation. That was when I discovered why the belts get clipped in backwards ... because they are a bear to clip in with the correct orientation.

I was too embarrassed to say anything to the crew, so I just left the belt sitting on my lap when they did the safety checks. We pulled away from the gate, and as we taxied around the airport I was frantically reaching between the seats, trying to clip the belt back in again ...

As we got closer to the runway, I gave up worrying about the correct orientation, I just wanted to have a functional belt before we started rolling. I didn't make it, it was only a minute or so after takeoff before I finally got the stupid thing connected again.

If we'd of crashed on takeoff, I would have been a leading candidate for a Darwin award
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Aisle amrests that don't swing up.

A few a/c I've been on don't have any of the usual buttons or levers.

Makes for a lot of contortions when going to the W/C with a tray table full of post-meal detritus.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Oh, don't laugh.

One time I actually reached between the seats, unclipped the (reversed) seatbelt, and attempted to clip it back in with the correct orientation. That was when I discovered why the belts get clipped in backwards ... because they are a bear to clip in with the correct orientation.

I was too embarrassed to say anything to the crew, so I just left the belt sitting on my lap when they did the safety checks. We pulled away from the gate, and as we taxied around the airport I was frantically reaching between the seats, trying to clip the belt back in again ...
Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A: A perfectly ruly passenger who has had a bit too much to drink!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:41 pm

Oh, don't laugh.

As we got closer to the runway, I gave up worrying about the correct orientation, I just wanted to have a functional belt before we started rolling. I didn't make it, it was only a minute or so after takeoff before I finally got the stupid thing connected again.

If we'd of crashed on takeoff, I would have been a leading candidate for a Darwin award
You know you can reverse it without unclipping it right? There is enough space in the latch slits to flip the belt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.