Search

Flight Pass Routing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC - SE100K
Flight Pass Routing

I haven't purchased a flight pass for a while. A quick question:

I'm not happy with the presented routing options, will they still accept a phone call after booking to change to a more desirable routing?

This used to be possible, but I seem to recall there were some changes. I just can't find the thread.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
I haven't purchased a flight pass for a while. A quick question:

I'm not happy with the presented routing options, will they still accept a phone call after booking to change to a more desirable routing?

This used to be possible, but I seem to recall there were some changes. I just can't find the thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...enanigans.html
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

thanks
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: Irrelevant
thanks
^
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Not sure about a different routing, but they did just move me to a better connection this morning on an FP booking.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Not sure about a different routing, but they did just move me to a better connection this morning on an FP booking.
Good to know. I used to use a Florida Plus Sun Pass quite often, and am looking at one again. They only seem to offer red-eye flights for the YVR-YYZ portion, connecting to the bank of morning flights out of YYZ to the Caribbean. I despise 3.5 hour red eye flights, and would often have success calling in and getting them to put me on an earlier flight ex-YVR so I could get a hotel in YYZ. Given that it is an international connection, there should be 24 hours to keep it as a legal connection.

We'll see how it goes, if anyone sees me looking grumpy and disheveled at YYZ at 630am, you'll know I wasn't successful...
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Good to know. I used to use a Florida Plus Sun Pass quite often, and am looking at one again. They only seem to offer red-eye flights for the YVR-YYZ portion, connecting to the bank of morning flights out of YYZ to the Caribbean. I despise 3.5 hour red eye flights, and would often have success calling in and getting them to put me on an earlier flight ex-YVR so I could get a hotel in YYZ. Given that it is an international connection, there should be 24 hours to keep it as a legal connection.

We'll see how it goes, if anyone sees me looking grumpy and disheveled at YYZ at 630am, you'll know I wasn't successful...
Please do report back!! The only reason I don't buy the Florida and Florida+ is because it only offers red-eye.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
If on the red-eye you can certainly do a sdc to an earlier flight. You just have to pay the $75 if it's a flex pass. I've done this plenty of times to visit friends or throw in a quick meeting.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:57 am

The Florida Plus used to offer an overnight connection in toronto for say YEG-YYZ-MSY which was great considering that was a slosh weekend haha!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
The Florida Plus used to offer an overnight connection in toronto for say YEG-YYZ-MSY which was great considering that was a slosh weekend haha!
Ya, they seem to have gotten rid of it, I don't know why! But out of YVR there is no longer an option to overnight in YYZ. I hate it.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So I'm on hold with AC Reservations now asking them to book a flight that is not shown on the flight pass tool. The inexperienced agent (I should have HUCA'd but I'm feeling patient) is now asking his lead how to book it. Very simple booking too. YYJ-YVR-YEG on a Western Commuter Pass. So they are booking a different flight and making a change immediately after to the flight I want at no charge.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that the entire call took 30 minutes. Very quick and easy to book a flight from Victoria to Edmonton.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Sep 19, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Lol.

And to think of the days that you could call in and have it changed to a six segment routing so easily...

I'm actually surprised that was permitted on the phone at all, given:

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
This is true.

Before this is seen as an anti-customer initiative, please allow me to explain. This is not allowed because calling in to manually add additional segments was bypassing the availability logic that we have in place. This logic allows us to control the flights and connections in order to ensure the proper flight credit value is used and secure revenue integrity.

The example that crossed the line and resulted in implementation of this change is the following:

Itinerary: YVR YUL

YVR-YYC-YEG-YWG-YYZ-YUL
$500 per credit split by 5 flights. This itin should have only allowed the direct options or +1 connection.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Must have been an amateur that crossed the line with that itinerary. It's clearly missing connections in YXE and YOW.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Must have been an amateur that crossed the line with that itinerary. It's clearly missing connections in YXE and YOW.
Even that's amateur with the YXE and YOW
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Even that's amateur with the YXE and YOW
I could never get YQR or YQT in there without doubling back. I guess I'll need to up my game if segment running becomes worthwhile once more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.