Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How Can AC employees tell that you have Altitude Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Can AC employees tell that you have Altitude Status?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You shouldn't be anywhere that question would need to be asked at all
Oh, they've asked in for Zone 1 boarding, which is an invalid question of course.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Oh, they've asked in for Zone 1 boarding, which is an invalid question of course.
Ah, reminds me of SFO's "Sir, that line is for BUSINESS CLASS passengers."

I mean yes, it is. And I am in business class. But it's also for P25K+, *G, Latitude, select credit cards, etc.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Wish AC would have an e-card so we can store it along with others in my iPhone wallet. Of course one's status does show on the e-boarding pass.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Wish AC would have an e-card so we can store it along with others in my iPhone wallet. Of course one's status does show on the e-boarding pass.

Last edited by capedreamer; Nov 1, 2016 at 10:37 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Probably shouldn't be posting that barcode on here, assuming it's real!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Probably shouldn't be posting that barcode on here, assuming it's real!
Thanks for the reminder!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by capedreamer
In fairness, that Wallet card was only available through the beta version of the app AC asked us to test over the summer. The current app doesn't allow you to add a Wallet card.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
gee, ffsim, you could have posted that two days ago, before I spent 20 minutes trying to find it ....
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
gee, ffsim, you could have posted that two days ago, before I spent 20 minutes trying to find it ....
Sorry! I should have pointed that out. I got it mixed up in my head and thought I had produced it via the Aeroplan app.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Listen, I've been in Vegas for 3 days so I only get around to FT while I give my liver a chance to recuperate

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Sorry! I should have pointed that out. I got it mixed up in my head and thought I had produced it via the Aeroplan app.
No biggie! Just wanted to save others from their own near-flyquiet experience
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:08 pm
yrp

For what it is worth, I got similar treatment from KLM checking in for J at Toronto, being fairly firmly directed to the computer kiosks / economy section. This was after showing a boarding pass.

Obviously the line screener didn't actually look at the boarding pass and was going on appearance. I didn't realize that and was starting to think they didn't actually have priority line-up for bag drop. I finally did ask as there was a Sky Priority sign, and was asked if I had any status card, had to specifically point out the class on the BP.

So it isn't just AC...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by yrp
For what it is worth, I got similar treatment from KLM checking in for J at Toronto, being fairly firmly directed to the computer kiosks / economy section. This was after showing a boarding pass.

Obviously the line screener didn't actually look at the boarding pass and was going on appearance. I didn't realize that and was starting to think they didn't actually have priority line-up for bag drop. I finally did ask as there was a Sky Priority sign, and was asked if I had any status card, had to specifically point out the class on the BP.

So it isn't just AC...
Must just be Canadians
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:06 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
ok so 20 pages later we can all agree that to avoid racist/ageist/lulu lemon wearing/homeless looking tension between super elites and the marms that serve them, all se should get and wear hats right? easier than the se lanyard, easier than an app. plus it's an enhancement (more free s---) for se's right?
http://s169.photobucket.com/user/bon...ndHat.jpg.html
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3643/5...39015b6052.jpg
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by cur
ok so 20 pages later we can all agree that to avoid racist/ageist/lulu lemon wearing/homeless looking tension between super elites and the marms that serve them, all se should get and wear hats right? easier than the se lanyard, easier than an app. plus it's an enhancement (more free s---) for se's right?
http://s169.photobucket.com/user/bon...ndHat.jpg.html
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3643/5...39015b6052.jpg
1. I've posted photos of my SE hat, so I don't know why you're linking to DL

2. My problem is agents who see my BP and accuse me of using my dad's number. No clothes are going to solve that problem.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
2. My problem is agents who see my BP and accuse me of using my dad's number. No clothes are going to solve that problem.
Next thing you know they'll be saying "is that your dad's hat?"

Also recently was using the Business class checkin at YYZ flying alone. I had an eup clear a few days ahead so I was confirmed J. Went up to the counter and handed the agent my ID and altitude card. Just habit I guess. Anyways he sees the P25K and tells me you aren't supposed to be in here, and that my line is in another aisle. Had to explain to him that I was in Business Class. Doesn't really bother me too much, but why not just open the PNR before you tell me I'm in the wrong place. I don't think anything would have changed though if he hadn't seen my card. I'm sure he felt like putting me in my place.

Last edited by YHZ_Flyer; Nov 5, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.