Search

150 Air Miles for $30 AC Gift Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
150 Air Miles for $30 AC Gift Card

SOLD OUT

Not Aeroplan, but for those with stranded Air Miles (many of us, second only to stranded AP!) this is a good way to use them up.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Produc...Id=prod2577419

Last edited by Bonaventure; Sep 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Not Aeroplan, but for those with stranded Air Miles (many of us, second only to stranded AP!) this is a good way to use them up.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Produc...Id=prod2577419
Thanks! There's no expiry date on these cards, right? I looked at the terms and don't see an expiry date, but I just want to double check before pulling the trigger.

Note: There appears to be a maximum of 10 that you can place in your cart...
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately I have no idea. But I would assume they would be no different from a regular gift card.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:36 am

Was going to jump on this, but it says you can only use one eGift card at a time.

Pretty lame limitation.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
It's been a while since I used an Air Canada gift card on a booking, but I seem to recall there being a limit on the number of gift cards you can use on a booking. It would be nice if they were offering different denominations of cards.

Edit - I see that iMedic has already answered my question!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
That's a pretty good deal. Considering they wanted to charge me 6200 miles to go to BRU and still charge all of the fees including YQ. And there were no seats available. That meant that my 6200 miles would have been worth about $350. If I could buy more than 10 cards, 6150 miles would be worth $1230.

Oh, I just noticed that you can only used one gift card per transaction. Not a good way to use up expiring airmiles unless you travel a ton.

I burned through most of my miles on the Hilton in Brussels. Spent 8000-9000 miles for 4 nights in deluxe rooms that would have cost nearly $300/night. Worked out well for me.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Let's look at the bright side shall we as this is in Air Miles terms a good redemption value and the eGift card can be used on fees such as advance seating or baggage so is of some use. Thanks for sharing OP! ^
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Bonaventure!! ^^^

Thanks! I just redeemed my remaining airmiles for 8 gift cards. I think most of us travel enough that if we just keep using a gift card with each booking, then we'll use them up before we know it.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:52 am

Air miles really has gone to crap.

I only collect them because I fill up almost exclusively at shell. And even with the usual 10x promotion for V power my earn rate is pretty crap. But then when I check out the air miles catalogue I'm reminded by how poor their offers are.

If only esso would remove ethanol from their top tier fuels.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iMedic
Was going to jump on this, but it says you can only use one eGift card at a time.

Pretty lame limitation.
Yes, but that's an AC booking limitation. AC gift cards are pretty exchangeable on FT and even with a large discount you'll probably get better value than from anything else.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tcook052
Let's look at the bright side shall we as this is in Air Miles terms a good redemption value and the eGift card can be used on fees such as advance seating or baggage so is of some use. Thanks for sharing OP! ^
I agree, this is a fantastic value. It's just a bit limited in usability.

I've always valued my airmiles at around 10 cents/mile. The Sobey's cash rewards give 9.5 cents/mile, which is close enough that I've switched to cash miles and regular redeem them on my groceries. This offer is worth 20 cents/mile, which is really very good.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:42 am

Thanks! Looks like I'll be slowly cashing out these GCs.

As mentioned, fantastic value at 20cpm. Always valued air miles at about 15 cpm. Wonder how long this deal will last...
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
I just bought 25 cards in 3 separate transactions. I wiped out my account except for some crumbs ...Thanks Bonaventure!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:07 am

This is a great redemption opportunity for those of us with dangling AirMiles balances.
Thanks OP!

Too bad the value of AirMiles has gone downhill over the years for airline tickets.
I miss the good old days where I could redeem AirMiles for AC tickets and upgrade them to J using eUpgrade credits.

Last edited by agjil; Sep 9, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:19 am

Emptied my airmiles account just now - bought 10 of these bad boys.

I was looking at using the miles before they start expiring, this option is quite excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.