Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Has AC had its winter schedule changes yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:05 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS

As in the title. I have an international itinerary whose return I want to change by 2 days (without paying, of course), so I'm hoping for a decent schedule change.

Alternatively, if I had IROPs twice on the outbund, would AC waive the change fees to change the return (I have an important obligation after returning, and I'm flying from an airport with few alternatives)? I know that they'll waive it if you make that change at the same time as you're being reaccommodated, but...
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
There has definitely been some schedule and equipment changes done recently for December and January. I am flying to LAX and back in late December/early January and they slightly move up the departure time for the outbound and swapped a couple of departure time slots on the return. The end result - I am now sitting in the PE section of a 789 on the return via YYZ, rather than the less desirable preferred seating on a A320 via YUL. I also see some routes with duplicate departures (eg: YOW-YHZ) as they are changing once again aircraft type on this route

The one thing with the winter schedule is that I also have seen them implement schedule changes pretty close to departure date (let's say January, for February departure) whenever they have programs to take equipment out for refurbs. With the A330 starting to be redone in the Fall, this may potentially have a minor impact.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Even with two one-way bookings, I've had no issue getting the return adjusted for free when there are schedule changes or IRROPS on the outbound.

Both AC and Aeroplan are pretty good about this.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
What dates/routes are you flying?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adam.smith
What dates/routes are you flying?
December 19 TLS-FRA-YUL-(YOW)-YEG: LH1101 AC875 AC151
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:40 am

Changes have been rippling through the system in the past few days. But not all at once.

So my travel agent sends me changes, which result in unacceptably long layovers. I look for, find, and ask for better connections. By the time she gets to book them, these connections have been changed away and replaced by something else.

In another case, Expedia has a different flight time for the same flight number than AC.com. Now I don't trust either.

Likewise, I've noticed that UA is removing certain ewr-yhz rotations here and there, while AC.com still sells them as phantom codeshares.

I'm not convinced that they are done yet.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by sokolov
Changes have been rippling through the system in the past few days. But not all at once.

So my travel agent sends me changes, which result in unacceptably long layovers. I look for, find, and ask for better connections. By the time she gets to book them, these connections have been changed away and replaced by something else.

In another case, Expedia has a different flight time for the same flight number than AC.com. Now I don't trust either.

Likewise, I've noticed that UA is removing certain ewr-yhz rotations here and there, while AC.com still sells them as phantom codeshares.

I'm not convinced that they are done yet.
Yes, I've noticed a number of schedule changes for flights from November onwards, and many are showing different times on ac.com vs the AC app. Not sure how long it takes to fully update, but I have a number of flights where the app has been showing new times but the website is showing the original times.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Even with two one-way bookings, I've had no issue getting the return adjusted for free when there are schedule changes or IRROPS on the outbound.

Both AC and Aeroplan are pretty good about this.
Guess you're luckier than me. I called in, and I was told that the only way I'm getting a free change is if there's a skchg.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pewpew
Guess you're luckier than me. I called in, and I was told that the only way I'm getting a free change is if there's a skchg.
And today, I received a schedule change notice, but AC said I couldn't change my return date by 2 days

For the interested, YUL-YEG was retimed so that I arrive in YEG 40 minutes later. Is it worth a HUACA?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:04 pm

It's worth trying, but it would not surprise me if no agent will let you do what you want
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
I've got a couple flights in December in J on a 763 between YYZ-YYC where it "appears" that I am the only one in J on the flight at the moment (based on seat map, Expert Flyer is J9, etc).

I keep waiting for AC to down-gauge this plane as a result...is that a likely scenario if J doesn't fill up (or the rest of the plane for that matter)?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I had a recent AC schedule change on an Aeroplan ticket which resulted in a long six hour layover on connecting flights. There is a non-stop flight I preferred, but the agent said the "Aeroplan rule" is that connecting flights and only be re-booked into connecting flights in the event of a schedule change (i.e. I cannot change to the non-stop). Is this true or just some agent making things up?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by eyeball1
I had a recent AC schedule change on an Aeroplan ticket which resulted in a long six hour layover on connecting flights. There is a non-stop flight I preferred, but the agent said the "Aeroplan rule" is that connecting flights and only be re-booked into connecting flights in the event of a schedule change (i.e. I cannot change to the non-stop). Is this true or just some agent making things up?
Some agent making things up.

Just tell them you can't leave earlier or arrive later than your originally scheduled flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.