Wiki Posts
Search

Can't reach Aeroplan...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Can't reach Aeroplan...

Hi all,

I made a change to an Aeroplan ticket on Wednesday. It still hasn't ticketed and a segment has dropped from the itinerary (what else is new, Aeroplan). I've been trying to call to correct this but after getting through once (waiting 2 hours and then having an automated voice saying problem with system please call back), I can't even join the phone queue. I've been calling yesterday and this morning and the line just says too busy call back later. Does anyone have any advice on how to get through?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Hi all,

I made a change to an Aeroplan ticket on Wednesday. It still hasn't ticketed and a segment has dropped from the itinerary (what else is new, Aeroplan). I've been trying to call to correct this but after getting through once (waiting 2 hours and then having an automated voice saying problem with system please call back), I can't even join the phone queue. I've been calling yesterday and this morning and the line just says too busy call back later. Does anyone have any advice on how to get through?
Try calling as soon as the office opens. Might mean getting up brutally early in the morning if you're on the west coast but I've found it generally works. Even better if you can call at that time during the week.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:25 pm

I called twice today and it was not that bad. And service was good as well.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I just called and it was 29 mins
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Pretty good...
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Well it did take more than an hour to get a booking but I consider that a success.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

I did finally get through and was told one of their call centres in BC went down, so maybe they fixed that.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by mabramovich
I did finally get through and was told one of their call centres in BC went down, so maybe they fixed that.
but did they fix your problem?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
but did they fix your problem?
Oh, yes, agent called ticketing and they ticketed. Award space was still there so it was easy. In the end it was my fault - Flyertalk has been advising asking to wait on hold until tickets ticket and I didn't do that when I first called . Anyway BUS-IST-ZRH-BOS not too bad
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Check your tickets carefully, they issued mine for the wrong day, and refused to believe me until I made them to check my PNRs against the other 3 passengers I booked at the same time.

"Does it make sense to you that I would have booked myself on a trip around the world, and then flown the exact same segments as my companions, except with two of my segments a day behind, in a way that breaks the rules for stop-overs?"
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
"Does it make sense to you that I would have booked myself on a trip around the world, and then flown the exact same segments as my companions, except with two of my segments a day behind, in a way that breaks the rules for stop-overs?"
Of course it makes sense. Clearly you have traveled with these people before and although you enjoy their company at the start, at some point they become unbearable and you'd rather send them on their way without you. AE recognized your suffering and hence allowed the unallowable bonus stopovers. You should thank AE.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Of course it makes sense. Clearly you have traveled with these people before and although you enjoy their company at the start, at some point they become unbearable and you'd rather send them on their way without you. AE recognized your suffering and hence allowed the unallowable bonus stopovers. You should thank AE.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.