Wiki Posts
Search

P class from SA booked as Tango?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50K / WS-P / Hyatt-G
P class from SA booked as Tango?

Playing around with Google Flights for a trip next March. One leg is EZE to YYZ, which goes through SCL. Looking to fly business class, and when I get the summary, it shows flights in P class, which I understand is lowest biz, but the summary also shows the fare as Tango, which is odd.

There is a footnote that says that there is no economy seats in the flight and that we will be seated in biz, which is an odd way to select business class in my view.

Any clarification? I'd like to book, but want to make sure we would be confirmed in biz the whole way through. The Tango P class threw me for a loop.

Thanks!!!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Did you try on Air Canada's site?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Can you give sample dates, and the entire routing (what are the other legs)? This can happen when a business class fare (for part of the trip) is being combined with an economy fare on another leg. It's quite likely the entire trip will NOT be confirmed in business. An example that popped up on FT a few months ago was YEG-YVR(business)-HKG(economy).
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50K / WS-P / Hyatt-G
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Can you give sample dates, and the entire routing (what are the other legs)? This can happen when a business class fare (for part of the trip) is being combined with an economy fare on another leg. It's quite likely the entire trip will NOT be confirmed in business. An example that popped up on FT a few months ago was YEG-YVR(business)-HKG(economy).
Sure! The date is March 24 EZE-YYJ. Routing is thus:

EZE-YYZ (with stop in SCL) +1
YYZ-YVR
YVR-YYJ (sat in economy, naturally)
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you're flying all on AC metal, all that matters is the fare class.

When Google Flights deep links to AC, it sends a "cabin code" (B or E) for each fare, independent of the fare class for each segment.

When the fare class does not match the cabin code, you get the "________ is not available on this flight". As far as I can tell, that's the only thing the cabin code is used for.

It's not uncommon to see "J (Tango)" or "V (Business Class)" on AC's site. It's confusing, but as I said, as long as it's all AC metal, the only thing that matters is the fare class.

If you're really concerned, I'd just buy it and select seats (which is a pretty good indication of where you'll be sitting). If you don't like the result, you have 24 hours to cancel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.