Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC to get TIFF competition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AC P25
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Sorry about the AA 321 J seats. I had the wrong info. Even if AA pods are a bit bigger than AC, A wide body and 787 benefits would make that difference up over a A321.
Having a bigger cabin but less space for yourself is good? A little extra oxygen and humidity on a shortish flight is hardly a huge benefit. Keep reaching you're bound to find some more excuses to try to make AC look better
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by yytleisure
Having a bigger cabin but less space for yourself is good? A little extra oxygen and humidity on a shortish flight is hardly a huge benefit. Keep reaching you're bound to find some more excuses to try to make AC look better
The AA pod space is a couple of inches larger than AC pods and doesn't make up for the extra cabin space, larger widows, air qty, humidity and the reduced notice level in my eyes of the 787.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Sorry about the AA 321 J seats. I had the wrong info. Even if AA pods are a bit bigger than AC, A wide body and 787 benefits would make that difference up over a A321.
The benefit of the NYC-SFO/LAX routes is that I know that when I show up at the airport, I can change to the next available flight, and I'll still have my pod.

On YYZ-LAX, 2 of the 7 flights are wide-bodies, both 767. (I checked this coming Tuesday as an arbitrary date).

So you don't get the 787 benefits, and if you want a different flight, unless you're willing to fly 12 hours earlier or later, you're not even going to get a pod.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Hollywood goes home early

The most interesting aspect is the fact the non-stops end on Sept 14, whereas TIFF ends on Sept 18 i.e. Hollywood goes home early!

FYI, it has been # years since AC was a corporate sponsor of TIFF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.