Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Future of Edinburgh to Toronto Direct Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Future of Edinburgh to Toronto Direct Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Future of Edinburgh to Toronto Direct Flights

I am an Ontarian studying in Scotland and after experiences with a few different airlines, I thought I'd try my luck with Air Canada for my next round trip.

I prefer to fly direct as much as possible and currently Air Canada offers flights AC 1904 (YYZ to EDI) and AC 1905 (EDI to YYZ). However, according to the Air Canada timetable available online, the 1904 flights will end on September 25th, 2016 and the 1905 flights will end on September 26th, 2016.

As I have little knowledge of Air Canada's system, is it expected that other direct flights will replace these soon after? These flights appear absolutely perfect for my needs, so any information related to what is expected for any YYZ-EDI and EDI-YYZ direct flights would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Those are seasonal flight only run in the summer months designed for the transatantic tourist market primarily . They will not be replaced with direct flights in the fall/winter/early spring.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Once these end you'll likely be stuck with WJ GLA-YYT-YYZ, or something down to LHR then AC LHR-YYZ
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Air Transat offer a good selection from Glasgow to Toronto all summer and limited in winter, if that helps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.