Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Matrix Software

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

ITA Matrix Software

Just a quick question on using this for bookings. I have used this once for an international flight and worked out great booking through AC.
Here is an example. Let's say I go onto the airline booking site for a domestic or even Canada > US flight etc., The specific flight or I guess booking code is not showing. The flight is on there but much more expensive than a search from the ITA software shows. It is obvious the booking code is different.
Can I still call the Airline and ask to book this flight or do I have to go through a travel agency and give them this information?
I guess I am just confused and don't want to make a fool of myself when I call them. Why can I find this flight on the ITA search but it doesnt show up on the airline website?
Thanks very much.

Last edited by Braindrain; Jun 29, 2016 at 11:47 pm Reason: fixed title
Old May 26, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
A TA should be able to book for you. Or Orbitz.
You can also try Google flights which will link you to AC.com possibly.
I recently did MSP-YUL and AC.com showed over 1,000. Matrix showed 350, so I booked the 350 forcing it through the Matrix Powertools and had no issue.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
You should install PowerTools (google it) and it will generate a link to book on ac's site and many OTAs
Old May 26, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
You should install PowerTools (google it) and it will generate a link to book on ac's site and many OTAs

ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Old May 26, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That goes to the US edition of aircanada.com. Any way to change this?
Old May 26, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
That goes to the US edition of aircanada.com. Any way to change this?
Hover over the Air Canada link and choose ca
Old May 26, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Hover over the Air Canada link and choose ca
Missed that. What I did was to change the default in the script and that way it directly comes us as Canadian.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:11 pm

Those suggestions are all very good. But there is no guarantee. The data you see is not live, it is cached. So it may be outdated.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Yikes......when it comes to scripts etc., I have no idea what I am doing!? Any help would be appreciated. I love the ATI Matrix and would love to learn the next step with these "power tools"......I'm really confused as to how that works?
I haven't used a TA in probably 15 years!! I called just out of curiosity as to them booking a domestic flight - they wanted $45.00 / flight??
So my next question that I think I asked.........I have a flight on Delta from YWG to LAS....Delta website is showing the flights / times double the price almost from the Matrix ( especially the perfect times/flights ) - If I called Delta and gave them the information from the Matrix would that still work? I am thinking not?
Sorry, any Power Tools for Dummies would be appreciated!
Old May 27, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Yikes......when it comes to scripts etc., I have no idea what I am doing!? Any help would be appreciated. I love the ATI Matrix and would love to learn the next step with these "power tools"......I'm really confused as to how that works?
I used Method 2 of the link above and I thought it was straightforward.

First installed greasemonkey as per instructions, then the script.

It just worked after that.

I haven't used a TA in probably 15 years!! I called just out of curiosity as to them booking a domestic flight - they wanted $45.00 / flight??
Welcome to the 21st century. BTW should be per ticket I would think.

So my next question that I think I asked.........I have a flight on Delta from YWG to LAS....Delta website is showing the flights / times double the price almost from the Matrix ( especially the perfect times/flights ) - If I called Delta and gave them the information from the Matrix would that still work? I am thinking not?
That should, yes. But YMMV as usual.
Old May 27, 2016, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
FYI, it's ITA, not ATI.

ATI was acquired by AMD.

ITA was acquired by Google.

The former primarily made GPUs. The latter does flight stuff.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Yikes......when it comes to scripts etc., I have no idea what I am doing!? Any help would be appreciated.

[...]

Sorry, any Power Tools for Dummies would be appreciated!
Did you read the instructions in the thread and the links there? I also have no idea about anything to do with scripts but I got it working without much trouble.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I meant ITA.
Ok, I will give that second method a shot tomorrow..........Sorry, I'm just confused as to what this does, especially when it says it will still show the ITA logo on the page.
So, if this works for me and I do the same search etc., and the flights I'm looking for pop up how does this work for booking it? I'm just trying to visualize how this can get me into Delta's network or AC's or whoever and allow me to book. Do I literally follow the same process in inputting customer information; credit card etc., I Apologize for the silly questions but I guess I literally have to see this so I can understand properly.
I am probably not even making sense to the majority!!
Old May 27, 2016, 10:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
When you click a link generated by the PowerTools, it will take you to the same page on the AC/DL/etc website that you usually see after you've selected all of your flights, then complete the purchase like you would normally.
Old May 28, 2016, 6:57 am

FWIW, i'm usually able to recreate my ITA search on Hipmunk which will generate the airline link itself.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.