Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New MLL at Paris CDG Summer/Fall 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Isn't that the card that got/gets you access to priority security/immigration?
I don’t think so because they collect those. This was definitely for the AF lounge — at the old terminal. I could have the colours wrong. It (the lounge) was nothing to write home about.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bartolo

I don’t think so because they collect those. This was definitely for the AF lounge — at the old terminal. I could have the colours wrong. It (the lounge) was nothing to write home about.
I found an image of the Accès no. cards for immigration/security. Purple with orange writing. You're right that they collect them, but I've certainly known people who chose not to use them when there was no line, with the idea that they could use it on a future visit if they didn't get one because they were flying in Y that time.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I found an image of the Accès no. cards for immigration/security. Purple with orange writing. You're right that they collect them, but I've certainly known people who chose not to use them when there was no line, with the idea that they could use it on a future visit if they didn't get one because they were flying in Y that time.
i am impressed that I recalled the colours accurately — although for the fastrack not the lounge. I am more impressed that you still have one of these. Thanks for pic brings back memories.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bartolo
i am impressed that I recalled the colours accurately — although for the fastrack not the lounge. I am more impressed that you still have one of these. Thanks for pic brings back memories.
Oh, I don't have that card, that's an image I found through Google, from an FT trip report of all places
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
I hadn't departed CDG on an AC flight in a while, so the "new" lounge on the bottom floor of the mushroom was a new experience for me this morning.

Food they have out is okay but not exactly great - glad I had a full breakfast at the hotel this morning before I came out to CDG. Not too busy either, and the fact that the people on the flight to YYZ are clearing out to board just as the people on the flight to YUL are starting to show up probably helps that. Best thing I can say is the little cubicles they have provide a good spot to work on my laptop. Although the WiFi is rather slow, even by MLL standards.

Food spread on the right hand side of the lounge.

And on the left-hand side, where they had meat / cheese / bread.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
CDG MLL lounge hours

If you take the CDG-YVR direct flight (AC807) you might find the MLL lounge closed when you arrive at the gate.
The lounge opens at 7:30am, Boarding is 8:45am.
I'm normally early so it's no big deal but I did think it would have been open earlier.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
When does it open?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by james dean
If you take the CDG-YVR direct flight (AC807) you might find the MLL lounge closed when you arrive at the gate.
The lounge opens at 7:30am, Boarding is 8:45am.
I'm normally early so it's no big deal but I did think it would have been open earlier.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
When does it open?
As of the link below at this juncture...
Opens 07:30
Closes 13:35

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../!lounge@paris

I think the OP was just commenting on the limited time one has to "enjoy" the CDG MLL prior that AC operated flight.

But in basically, this follows the general rule of "one hour before the first (AC) flight" for any MLL, IMHO.
24left likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Another CDG MLL thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Quick CDG MLL ?

That I should know the answer to. Also pretty sure there’s an appropriate thread somewhere but @24left isn’t here to keep me in line.

Can I use the CDG MLL on arrival?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
That I should know the answer to. Also pretty sure there’s an appropriate thread somewhere but @24left isn’t here to keep me in line.

Can I use the CDG MLL on arrival?

I'm assuming you're not connecting to anywhere else at all; physically, no.
AFAIK you need an onward boarding pass to be allowed into airside connections for T2A. Otherwise you get funneled into Schengen entry passport control and spit out to groundside/luggage carousels.

I honestly can't remember any portion of the glassed-in walkway leading to passport control where one can simply go into the departure area of 2A as a non-Schengen connection.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm assuming you're not connecting to anywhere else at all; physically, no.
AFAIK you need an onward boarding pass to be allowed into airside connections for T2A. Otherwise you get funneled into Schengen entry passport control and spit out to groundside/luggage carousels.

I honestly can't remember any portion of the glassed-in walkway leading to passport control where one can simply go into the departure area of 2A as a non-Schengen connection.
Makes sense. I connect at CDG frequently but haven’t arrived there in a couple years. It never would have occurred to me as a FOTSG.

Oh well. I will beg the hotel for early check in.

MODS - please delete. Sorry for the clutter.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@WaytoomuchEurope

Let us know if the information I provided was bucked and you got in with your arrival BP.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:38 pm

There is no way to access MLL if not connecting. Trust me, I’ve tried many times. As stated above, the glass walled corridor shunts you to passport control. My recollection is there an escalator somewhere along the corridor to get up to passport control. Renovated washrooms right near that escalator.

Also no “arrivals” lounge like at LHR. Once with a longish wait to leave for downtown, I used the chapel. Very quiet and peaceful.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
CDG MLL stepping up their game with a hot breakfast including pancakes with real maple syrup ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.