Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Thanks for clearing this up! A very astute SE*MM pointed this out on his boarding card last week and it was clearly a case of "Stump the Chump". The best I could come up with was:

>Office of Strategic Services
>Out of School Suspension

Mystery solved
It's actually the opposite of the Shaves on a Plane thread - Objectively Superior Seatmate.

Denotes people who don't talk much, practice good hygiene and never, ever get up to pee.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
I have this OSS code on my BP for my flight tomorrow CDG-YYZ-YQB. Too bad it is not in place in YYZ yet but I certainly look forward to it. I just hope it does not take too many months (years ) to implement!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by YOWgary
It's actually the opposite of the Shaves on a Plane thread - Objectively Superior Seatmate.

Denotes people who don't talk much, practice good hygiene and never, ever get up to pee.
Or better yet (if they've got the aisle seat), always get up to pee just before you need to and then take a short walk to stretch their legs, and don't return to their seat until a minute or so after you do.

I swear, this was one of my best memories from the first time I flew to Hong Kong.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:51 pm

Made no difference at YUL today. Not sure how it could be implemented at YUL since all int'l arrivals are funnelled directly to customs and bag claim.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Made no difference at YUL today. Not sure how it could be implemented at YUL since all int'l arrivals are funnelled directly to customs and bag claim.
At YUL OSS is focused on INTL-INTL or US-INTL connections, as these passengers do not have access to their checked bags. That condition is the main thing that will keep INTL-CANADA passengers waiting a very long time before seeing any benefit from OSS due to infrastructure requirements.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by ls17031
At YUL OSS is focused on INTL-INTL or US-INTL connections, as these passengers do not have access to their checked bags. That condition is the main thing that will keep INTL-CANADA passengers waiting a very long time before seeing any benefit from OSS due to infrastructure requirements.
One of the potential benefits of OSS is that INTL-CANADA passengers would not need access to their checked bags. The infrastructure should not be that onerous in this situation (depending upon the airport).
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: SE100K
One Stop Security

I recently had OSS on my MCO-YYZ-YVR return. I had checked baggage but was not aware of any changes in YYZ.

Once through immigration I waited for my baggage to arrive only to be told after 15min of waiting "oh are you connecting passenger, then you can go directly to security and your gate the baggage is now being checked through to your final destination".

Is this the case now for all US-Canada connecting flights? AC.com still shows old info for connecting through YYZ.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I got the OSS on the domestic portion of my BP today, which was useless since I didn't have any checked luggage.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
I had a tour through the LX Operations centre and we had talked about how this was now implemented in Zurich as of April 1. Thus, for arrivals to ZRH - you should not require any screening now for your onward connection.

This is likely airport-dependent. I would be most interested in the LHR experience as that long walk out to the security and back again for T2 transfers has been a pain. Also - in FRA - it would be very welcome to not need to go out to the front for the security as well.

A great enhancement but the INTL-DOM Canada connections are the hardest to figure out due to the historical need to access checked baggage.

Let's see how this develops.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:34 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I flew Yul- Fra and then on to DXB. Arrived in FRA and did not need to leave the secure area.
Not sure if this is what you are talking about or not. {I only fly intl 4 times per year so don't keep track of this }
Old May 3, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
I flew Yul- Fra and then on to DXB. Arrived in FRA and did not need to leave the secure area.
Not sure if this is what you are talking about or not. {I only fly intl 4 times per year so don't keep track of this }
You weren't entering Schengen though...

Did your BP have OSS on it?
Old May 16, 2016, 1:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Quick question : flying PHL-YYZ-YEG with OSS on the second bp. Do I need to pick up bags in YYZ? The agent said yes, but I don't trust him
Old May 16, 2016, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by RZR
I flew YYZ-MUC-MAD over the weekend and was unleashed directly into the H departure terminal (non-Schengen) from whence I proceeded to the Schengen area (G gates) with the usual cursory passport check but without having to trudge through the security line.

A tiny bit disorienting at first if you are used to the "old" routine, but very quick and efficient for transfers. ^
Old May 16, 2016, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Lev
I flew YYZ-MUC-MAD over the weekend and was unleashed directly into the H departure terminal (non-Schengen) from whence I proceeded to the Schengen area (G gates) with the usual cursory passport check but without having to trudge through the security line.

A tiny bit disorienting at first if you are used to the "old" routine, but very quick and efficient for transfers. ^
Was this because of OSS?

This has happened to me a total of one time flying connecting into Schengen after deplaning AC846... And OSS didn't exist at the time.

All other times flying thru MUC I had to do the security rigamarole again after being spit out into the departures land side zone.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Was this because of OSS?
Can't say for sure, but seems more than a coincidence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.