Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yep, OSS at YUL couldn’t (realistically) be better. At YYZ, not so much.
The only issue at YUL was understanding that you need to go to the Nexus machines first and then to the OSS line. The signs aren't clear. I was there on Friday, went to the OSS area, realized I needed to go to the Nexus machines and then came back. By then there were 5 people in front of me with regular passports and only one agent. Still a good experience.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:45 am
alc

Originally Posted by 172pilot
The only issue at YUL was understanding that you need to go to the Nexus machines first and then to the OSS line. The signs aren't clear. I was there on Friday, went to the OSS area, realized I needed to go to the Nexus machines and then came back. By then there were 5 people in front of me with regular passports and only one agent. Still a good experience.
i don't have Nexus, so here is my question. As a Nexus, do you "have" to use it? In this case, it will faster if you fill up one of the form in advance and go to the regular line. Can you do that? As mentioned on another post off another thread, I did a Gate 81 landing to Gate A47 in 9 min yesterday.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by alc
i don't have Nexus, so here is my question. As a Nexus, do you "have" to use it? In this case, it will faster if you fill up one of the form in advance and go to the regular line. Can you do that? As mentioned on another post off another thread, I did a Gate 81 landing to Gate A47 in 9 min yesterday.
You are never obligated to use your Nexus privilege. You can use regular lanes if you prefer to.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
You are never obligated to use your Nexus privilege. You can use regular lanes if you prefer to.
A bit off topic, but just a reminder that you need your passport if doing this. You should always carry both when travelling by air, but most of the time no on really cares if you have your passport when using the NEXUS lanes at an airport...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
So if I fly on AC ORD-YUL-PVG, there is security screening at ORD, but not at YUL, is that correct?

What if I fly ORD-YYZ-NRT?

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
So if I fly on AC ORD-YUL-PVG, there is security screening at ORD, but not at YUL, is that correct?

Thanks!
For YUL that is correct and confirmed.

For YYZ almost certainly yes as well but since I never witnessed myself I can't say 100%.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K

Thanks!
No security check at YYZ from ORD to NRT. Just a quick passport check.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This thread is becoming all muddled with non OSS questions.

There are some situations where you don't require another security check that doesn't have OSS.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yep, OSS at YUL couldn’t (realistically) be better. At YYZ, not so much.
I went domestic to US on Sunday, and I noticed there was a way for international to domestic to walk basically the inverse path I was taking. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it may be improving.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I went domestic to US on Sunday, and I noticed there was a way for international to domestic to walk basically the inverse path I was taking. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it may be improving.
Glad to hear that. I will be doing US to domestic Thursday, I will report back on my experience.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I find OSS to be slower than using Nexus and re-enter through security most times. The only time when OSS worked well was when I travelled with my wife back from LGA, but I had to do that as she doesn't have Nexus. We landed during a quiet time, so there was no line up. However, there were three or four agents within 50 feet distance checking our boarding passes three or four times. Like seriously, you expect our BP to be altered three or four times within your line of sight?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by YYT82
I find OSS to be slower than using Nexus and re-enter through security most times. The only time when OSS worked well was when I travelled with my wife back from LGA, but I had to do that as she doesn't have Nexus. We landed during a quiet time, so there was no line up. However, there were three or four agents within 50 feet distance checking our boarding passes three or four times. Like seriously, you expect our BP to be altered three or four times within your line of sight?
I assume you are talking about YYZ. I agree. It is spectacularly irritating. I tell them so every time. I try to be polite about it, but I am unsure if I always succeed.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Glad to hear that. I will be doing US to domestic Thursday, I will report back on my experience.
@jasdou: est-ce que vous avez vu le carrefour?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
@jasdou: est-ce que vous avez vu le carrefour?
Nope, but since we had to wait for 30 minutes to get a ground agent to let us my inbound aircraft, my confortable 1h15 connection became a stressful 45 minutes run in the airport. I went through the usual CBP OSS counters and was directed down to the bus. Of course, the bus was empty so we waited for another 10-15 minutes before moving. I ended up at my gate as the last boarding group was called. So, no, I did not notice anything different with OSS at YYZ but that may have been because I was stressed and had to hurry. Also, it was a bit late (21:30ish) so maybe they are messing around with things due to staffing or who knows what other reasons.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Had OSS on my SFO-YVR boarding card. Was handed a yellow card on arrival, continued to the Nexus machines and went down some corridors to be ejected near domestic security. Asked the SE check-in if I did something wrong. SE checkin thought OSS meant I had priority security privileges, their ignorance is quite funny considering it's an AC boarding card and I told them it represented "one stop security." They do work at the airport though, so what do I know.

Maybe it's coming soon, and maybe it will allow use of the Nexus machines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.