Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Brussels Air slow posting times and/or issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards

Mods, feel free to move/merge to a more relevant thread. I could not find one which I was sure fit.

Has anyone had issues having SN flights post properly, or in a timely manner? I can't find much info on average posting times for SN, except in the M&M forum, which claims '8 days'.

I don't fly SN very often, but every time I do, I seem to have issues having it post to AE. Last time was ~1 year ago, BRS to BRU, which I never did get posted at all... but that's a story for a different time.

I was heading to BRU at the end of Jan, with departure are return both on a Z fare. Flight there was uneventful, but I ended up having to return on the same day for unforeseen reasons, which was fine, because it was Z fare.
However, just under 2 weeks later, nothing has posted, so I was curious if anyone else has had experience with SN+AE. The 14 day mark hasn't quite hit, so I can't quite submit my ticket info online yet, but if the past is anything to go by, it will be very painful with a changed itinerary...

As an aside, maybe it would be neat if the AC forum had a similar thread to this.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: A3*G
My SN flights (and I do a lot of them) almost always post with 2 or 3 days ... whether to Aeroplan or to Aegean plan.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
My SN flights (and I do a lot of them) almost always post with 2 or 3 days ... whether to Aeroplan or to Aegean plan.
I figured as much... I don't know how it messed up; both boarding passes say AC*G with my number, and it was a standard Z fare on SN metal with an SN crew... I sense I'll probably get a generic "this ticket was inelligible" response from AE. My best guess is still that something got messed up when either: a) I changed the booking over the phone a month prior, or b) the at-airport change.

Or perhaps AE is just failing to post anything? I dunno.

Last edited by D404; Feb 8, 2016 at 7:14 am
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

This just occurred to me. SN always puts my name on the ticket with "MR" at the end.

e.g. On my itinerary, it shows: Mr First Middle Last, and my BP is: LAST/FIRSTMIDDLEMR. I wonder if this is why AE has such a hard time...
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My random SN flights over the past few years have posted quickly.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Poster

As expected, they never posted. Truly baffling, as it was a very simple booking (LHR-BRU/BRU-LHR, AE # + AC*G on each BP, Z fare.)

Filled in the AE black hole.. er... mileage request form, and I expect it won't be smooth sailing.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
TK is far worse. I have to argue for 1 of 3 flights. Just got another denial today.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian
TK is far worse. I have to argue for 1 of 3 flights. Just got another denial today.

Luckily TK is one of the few *A airlines I haven't flown, due to reading (on this forum, actually) that their cabins are very, very warm.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by D404

Luckily TK is one of the few *A airlines I haven't flown, due to reading (on this forum, actually) that their cabins are very, very warm.
26.4c on TK17 a few weeks back.

Flying QR outta LAX instead now.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Silly question: When you are met with the expected denial or just silence after the "6 to 8 weeks", what is the next avenue you generally try? I am expecting this, based on my last experience with SN and AE, so I figure I ought to prepare myself. Last time I was denied I tried phoning and was told something akin to "too bad, the form is the only way", and everyone else denied responsibility.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:38 am

Silly question: When you are met with the expected denial or just silence after the "6 to 8 weeks", what is the next avenue you generally try? I am expecting this, based on my last experience with SN and AE, so I figure I ought to prepare myself. Last time I was denied I tried phoning and was told something akin to "too bad, the form is the only way", and everyone else denied responsibility.
The only thing I've ever been given beyond the form is the AE docs email....which I've emailed the same things too over and over.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:52 am
Original Poster

The only thing I've ever been given beyond the form is the AE docs email....which I've emailed the same things too over and over.
That email is akin to a black hole in my experience... multiple times, I've literally just never received a response.

Man, that sucks, I feel bad for you; your flights are probably non-trivial amounts of miles, unlike mine. I hope your success rate is higher than mine.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:19 am

That email is akin to a black hole in my experience... multiple times, I've literally just never received a response.

Man, that sucks, I feel bad for you; your flights are probably non-trivial amounts of miles, unlike mine. I hope your success rate is higher than mine.
I'm at 100% so far...but takes almost a year in some cases.

I found the most problematic flights are those that are retain the same flight # on return to their origin. For example, TK606, goes IST KGL EBB IST. When you originate on the 2nd or 3rd leg of that route, miles don't post.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

... so I gave in and called Aeroplan today, having heard nothing for nearly 8 weeks (and somehow I was connected instantly, which is pretty shocking in its own right).

Apparently the credit department has a queue of "115 days" for mileage requests and they can't do anything until 115 days have passed, and they "can't contact them by phone, only submit requests electronically". My request is still "pending". Truly, utterly ridiculous. (I also couldn't tell by their wording if they meant 115 days since the request, or from today.)

(As a bonus, the Aeroplan twitter team said it should have been done in 14 days... lulz.)
Old May 31, 2016, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Phoned yet again...

They got me to send in my scanned boarding passes again.

Apparently SN simply did not respond, at all, to the request. I was also told they "could not see what fare code I had and rejected it". So now apparently there is some internal second process going with SN, contacting them via email with my scanned boarding passes and eticket, to which SN has not replied, and it may take 4-8 weeks to hear back from them. Infuriating. It may not be many miles, but I am sticking it out on principle. I should not have to worry about miles even posting when I book with a *A partner as much as I do. I have a feeling it's a lost cause, considering it's been 112 days since I submitted the request, and ~8 calls to AE.

My only guess is that SN screwed my ticket somehow when I phoned into make a date change or when I changed the return at BRU, after landing, in such a way that it broke how it interacts with AE's API or something. (Yet... it can't have been too messed up, since I was, you know, allowed to board and fly both legs, with *G printed on my boarding passes.)

I realize I'm more or less talking/ranting at myself alone in this thread, but I figure it may be useful for future people who discover it on Google.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.