Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Alright, I'm actually done kidding now. I've run out of hardware/browser combinations to try, and I can't actually book my flights.

If anyone's got a Flight Pass booking completed, can you walk me through it please?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
I think the New site looks and feels great.
One point is I think my days on FT are #. It's amazing how many rotten attitudes there are here. Also so cynical of anything that has AC in it. Can't read a thread without jabs and crap everywhere. I think one of you where on my LAS-YYZ flight recently. Yes this airline owes you everything.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Alright, I'm actually done kidding now. I've run out of hardware/browser combinations to try, and I can't actually book my flights.

If anyone's got a Flight Pass booking completed, can you walk me through it please?
It honestly worked for me. See post 71.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by trek604
Why does everything 'web 2.0' have to be so BIG?
I agree.

Why can't the default setting for passengers be 1 instead of 0?
When the calendar pops up, why is one of the choices yesterday?

Nice to see the two month format back. The AE style with the drop down months would be better.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by tracon
I agree.

Why can't the default setting for passengers be 1 instead of 0?
When the calendar pops up, why is one of the choices yesterday?

Nice to see the two month format back. The AE style with the drop down months would be better.
The default zero was bugging me today also.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Worked well for me today. Booked 3 flights. I don't find it's embarrassing. I know you think UA is better, end of your story.
You must have me confused with somebody else. I have flown United 2 times in the last 2 years; I am quite confident that I have never even talked about them positively or negatively on FT.

As for the rest of it, way to ignore all the criticisms I made and make it personal. I guess when it is just obvious that I am right that is all that is left.

I LOVE how I can't even sign in using Safari. It tells me that my AE # should be 9 digits. When it is clearly displaying my 9 digit #. LOL.

Hey AC, if you are looking for a new CIO (and you should be) tell me where I can send my resume.

Last edited by ridefar; Jan 24, 2016 at 2:25 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
It honestly worked for me. See post 71.
That leads me to purchasing flight passes (and, at that, only with Explorer; Chrome failed).

I'm trying to book a flight on an existing Pass. "We're sorry..." persists.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by dyzs
The default zero was bugging me today also.
Seriously... why would you even start a flight booking for 0 passengers?

And having to click on the Passengers section to see the different type of passengers - not very user friendly IMHO. Extra clicks... why does a new UI always lead to extra clicks?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
The same team that designed this web site must have done the RBC ( Royal Bank ) website. Both are not user friendly anymore. Both have large font and large empty spaces, Perhaps designed for the visually impaired

What impact will these website changes have on the Air Canada stock ?

Last edited by traacs; Jan 24, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Seriously... why would you even start a flight booking for 0 passengers?

And having to click on the Passengers section to see the different type of passengers - not very user friendly IMHO. Extra clicks... why does a new UI always lead to extra clicks?
Nor does it accept the three letter airport codes, at least in safari. Well, actually, it lets you enter them. And the dates. And the 0 passengers. And then when you click to go forward then and only then does it force you to go back and actually select Calgary blah blah for YYC. It is like every option they had to make the site suck and difficult to use they enthusiastically chose.

Seriously. When a business relies on its website to book revenue, the website is absolutely critical. Aside from the backend app/db that it is accessing this is the single most important IT AC can do. And this effort is so amateur it is ridiculous.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Nor does it accept the three letter airport codes, at least in safari. Well, actually, it lets you enter them. And the dates. And the 0 passengers. And then when you click to go forward then and only then does it force you to go back and actually select Calgary blah blah for YYC. It is like every option they had to make the site suck and difficult to use they enthusiastically chose.

Seriously. When a business relies on its website to book revenue, the website is absolutely critical. Aside from the backend app/db that it is accessing this is the single most important IT AC can do. And this effort is so amateur it is ridiculous.
A few airlines and sites have this issue of allowing one to enter the airport code and then needing the actual city from the dropdown to be selected in order to proceed. It can be frustrating and a waste of time, and every now and then on some sites the dropdown doesn't even work due to a browser issue.

The new site reminds me of Home Depot's site in some ways, especially the search on HD.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Beta?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Tried checking in for a flight and got the following after entering name departure city and aeroplan number

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<env:Envelope><env:Body><env:Fault><faultcode>env: Client</faultcode><faultstring>Internal Error</faultstring></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC*A
AC is clearly looking at this forum, because the 77L 3-class seat map got changed to the correct version. They should really hire us as guinea pigs prior to going live...
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by traacs
Tried checking in for a flight and got the following after entering name departure city and aeroplan number

<env:Envelope><env:Body><env:Fault><faultcode>env: Client</faultcode><faultstring>Internal Error</faultstring></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>
Can't wait for Monday am...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.