Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explain your AC forum name

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Another creative mind at work here. It's my last name backwards and then two letters reversed. It's almost mirrored actually. I came up with it a long time ago when the internets first started and radnub always sounded better than rabnud.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Adele?
Or Lionel Richie?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: E50K
Like adam.smith, I am boring and uncreative.

Like PLeblond, I hate the thought of posting under a pseudonym.

But forget all that. So far, yvrgary is winning.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DaveObee
......So far, yvrgary is winning.
^^^
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Mine is pretty straightforward- my name is Mark, and I enjoy frequently flying on AC E190s.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: E50K
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Or Lionel Richie?
It's "Hello again," which would make it Neil Diamond or the Cars.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DaveObee
It's "Hello again," which would make it Neil Diamond or the Cars.
I think you're all going the wrong direction. I'm guessing it's Shelley Long or Gabriel Byrne.

But seriously, no one has been a fiercer defender of AC and AE on this board, not even the AC official reps. So it's probably a former AC employee with a strong affection for it. The name fits with it too. Who is more responsible for the whole AC universe, as it exists today, than anyone else?

Robert Milton.

Frustrated with how much flak his brainchild gets on FT, even though he hasn't worked there in years, he is back to defend it.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: AC 25k
I fly YQM-YMM monthly so yeah...
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Joined many years ago as threepoint (as in, the landing) but after an extended spell in Zanzibar filming a documentary about tumbili's rebellion, I returned to find myself unable to log in under that pseudonym. Abandoning my previous identity and deciding against revealing my own, I struggled mightily to conceive a clever moniker - yet all I could come up with was a combination of my hometown airport code and my occupation. My job is to steer the ship (but none of you have ever been on one of my flights). As self-loading carg, er, valuable passenger, my annual BIS miles pales in comparison to most of you, unless you count time spent in the best seat in the house.

Last edited by CZAMFlyer; Jan 10, 2016 at 11:40 am
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ac-main carrier
ysb-home airport
87-year I joined aeroplan..
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
When I signed up I tried to think of an aviation-related name on the spur of the moment. For reasons I can't explain an image of Snoopy flying the Sopwith Camel popped into mind. I shortened it to Sopwith.

In retrospect, Red Baron would have been a better name since I have red hair.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:53 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
My original name was when I first made elite way back when.

My current name is my favorite cephalopod from the movies.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I grew up near Chicago. I am 6' 4". A more vertically challenged friend once said I was as tall as the Sears Tower, so ever since then it kind of stuck for a user name for a variety of places. I will NEVER change to being the Willis Tower, it's just wrong!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
First widebody plane I travelled on. Loved airplanes, travelling and aviation ever since.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:25 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by yvrgary
While I was fighting with the rebels in Zanzibar, I suppose I developed something of a distinctive crouching posture when ducking behind a boulder or a stone wall to dodge incoming enemy fire. After a few weeks of this, the rebels nicknamed me tumbili, or 'the monkey'.

I was insulted at first, but over time I came to recognize it as a small token of friendship. I spoke no Swahili, and they little English, so this was their small way of bridging the gulf between us.

In those wild days, weeks seemed like months, so I never really noticed when tumbili gradually replaced my name, and certainly never noticed when I began using it myself. More than once I caught an odd look from a fellow ex-pat when I'd introduce myself this way, then blush and correct myself.

What felt like a lifetime later, on the endless flight home, I stared blankly out at the Atlantic passing beneath me, and realized that tumbili was the only name that had made sense in a long time.

Anyway, when I joined FT, that login was taken, so I just went with my first name and my home airport.
Bravo, sir. Bravo. Post of the year (and its only January).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.