Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explain your AC forum name

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
When I signed up I tried to think of an aviation-related name on the spur of the moment. For reasons I can't explain an image of Snoopy flying the Sopwith Camel popped into mind. I shortened it to Sopwith.

In retrospect, Red Baron would have been a better name since I have red hair.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Congrats on SE, and welcome to FT. I suspect that there are not many 2nd generation FT'rs out there.
But there's at least one using their father's AP #
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Pretty self-explanatory.

Also outdated. I’ve only done 12 trips to EU this year.
Maybe you need to be renamed WaytoomuchTravel? Or WaytoomuchFlying? ​​​​​​

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Multiple times I have come in here looking for a username explanation from Adam Smith but still nothing. So disappointing.
I'm just a HUGE fan of Adam Smith, the Scottish economist and philosopher. Everyone knows Wealth of Nations, or as it's properly known, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, but his other works are equally brilliant. My favourite being The Theory of Moral Sentiments. So when I needed to choose a nickname, I thought why not pay homage to the great man? Much more interesting than Joe Stevens, my real mame.

Originally Posted by marchelli
WaytoomuchEurope , from the beginning of the thread!
Man, this thread is old! I feel like it's ages ago that I was able to get adam.smith swapped for Adam Smith.

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Congrats on SE, and welcome to FT. I suspect that there are not many 2nd generation FT'rs out there.
Does 11yearoldSE count?
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Does 11yearoldSE count?
Only if he posts on FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.