Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
3 years ago on this day I set a new personal record of being at the airport for 82 weeks straight
Holy mega-image size Batman!

Learn how to scale image much?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
3 years ago on this day I set a new personal record of being at the airport for 82 weeks straight
Congrats and my sympathies.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jaysona
Holy mega-image size Batman!

Learn how to scale image much?
Posted from iPhone using he flyertalk image upload tool. Does their own tool not resize to their own requirements ?

Edit: OMG I got to a computer and that's crazy!!! why does the FT upload tool not resize to FT standards?? AHHHHH. Fixing it!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:39 pm

Posted from iPhone using he flyertalk image upload tool. Does their own tool not resize to their own requirements ?
The original image is 1125 x 2000, FT seems to have scaled it to 859 x 1527, but still uber large.

FT must have use the same IT people as AC to write the image attachment tool.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:45 pm

Edit: OMG I got to a computer and that's crazy!!! why does the FT upload tool not resize to FT standards?? AHHHHH. Fixing it!
I have no idea why FT doesn't set their images sizes automatically - it's not like there isn't a plethora or open source code to do this task.

I use the Resize it app on my phone to adjust the image size before posting it to FT.

Last edited by jaysona; Sep 16, 2016 at 2:28 pm Reason: focefully bypass damned Apple and their stoopid "we know better than our users" mentality
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
We need a Amex Centurion lounge at YYZ. At all three deps in Term 1.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jaysona
I have no idea why FT doesn't set their images sizes automatically - it's not like there isn't a plethora or open source code to do this task.

I use the Resite it app on my phone to adjust the image size before posting it to FT.
took me a bit to find it, was easier when I realized you meant resize it :P
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vernonc
We need a Amex Centurion lounge at YYZ. At all three deps in Term 1.
Absolutely. But Canada is not worthy. I think they feel the PPLs do the job.
They need one in LAX and the MIA one is now too small and DFW can be a challenge at certain times of the day. What I saw in both MIA and DFW is that it's not the Centurion or Platinum members alone that cause the volume, it's the number of guests they bring alone - even with the entry costs.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:27 pm

took me a bit to find it, was easier when I realized you meant resize it :P
Ducking autocorrect!!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Absolutely. But Canada is not worthy. I think they feel the PPLs do the job.
They need one in LAX and the MIA one is now too small and DFW can be a challenge at certain times of the day. What I saw in both MIA and DFW is that it's not the Centurion or Platinum members alone that cause the volume, it's the number of guests they bring alone - even with the entry costs.
Ugh, tell me about it. SFO is so horribadly crowded every time I went there this year I pay $450/yr for this!?!?!?!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by maradori
Ugh, tell me about it. SFO is so horribadly crowded every time I went there this year I pay $450/yr for this!?!?!?!
I would shed a tiny tear for you maradori, butttttttttttt

Welcome to Canada

Attached Images  
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:34 pm

I would shed a tiny tear for you maradori, butttttttttttt

Welcome to Canada

$450USD is about that in CDN, no? Plus there is a $200 travel credit with the Canadian AMEX Plat.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thatdamnmelliniumbug
$450USD is about that in CDN, no? Plus there is a $200 travel credit with the Canadian AMEX Plat.
The Americans also get the $200 travel credit

Why should Canadians pay $250 more a card that has less travel transfer partners among other things?

As for the argument that $450 US is "about" $700 CAD.....XE is showing $594, so that makes the $700 even worse

I actually once asked Amex Canada about the difference in annual fees for the same card Canada vs U.S. The rep said Amex Canada can charge what they want as there is no real competition and also, it's what the market can bear and (her best line): "Well, no one complained"

Serious LOL.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

Why should Canadians pay $250 more a card that has less travel transfer partners among other things?

As for the argument that $450 US is "about" $700 CAD.....XE is showing $594, so that makes the $700 even worse

I actually once asked Amex Canada about the difference in annual fees for the same card Canada vs U.S. The rep said Amex Canada can charge what they want as there is no real competition and also, it's what the market can bear and (her best line): "Well, no one complained"

Serious LOL.
OMG, An AMEX rep actually said that? LMAO
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You either don't know how the US travel credit works or you're trying to prove an incorrect point.

The Canadian $200 can be used like cash.

The US version, on the other hand...

Select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 a year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged by the airline to your Card account.
Ticket purchases do not count. Hotels do not count. Upgrades do not count. I always sit in J/F, and therefore, it's ENTIRELY useless to me.

So no, I have $0 travel credit on my US Amex Platinum. Therefore, the Canadian version is cheaper. $450 USD or $499 CAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.