Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Can I use stairs to access the YVR AC DOMESTIC Lounge...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by AMJP
I am not quite sure if I get your question right but yes there is a staircase leading up to the lounge. The agent sits right at the entrance on the ground level and then you walk up. From what I can tell, there are more people walking the two flights of stairs instead of waiting for the elevator.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@AMJP

The domestic MLL at YVR is in the domestic terminal section.

If you are referring to accessing the domestic MLL upon arrival from an international flight, you can access the domestic MLL provided you have an onward domestic boarding pass that allows you entry.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan
yes, Tks, I prefer to use stairs instead of elevator, so I was wondering if I had the option..
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
yes, Tks, I prefer to use stairs instead of elevator, so I was wondering if I had the option..
If you are referring to the domestic MLL, then yes, there are elevators AND stairs leading up to the main area on the 2nd floor of the domestic MLL.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Link here to photos of the food items in April 2019 at night prior to the departures for SYD, BNE and MEL

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31300816-post2830.html
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Link here to photos of the food items in April 2019 at night prior to the departures for SYD, BNE and MEL

Wow, that is a very sad display - I assume the breakfast/lunch is just as bad, or probably worse given the hot entrees are usually brought out AFTER most Asia-bound flights have boarded. Adding in the habit of too many MLL patrons sticking their dirty hands all over the food, we might just skip the MLL altogether next week on the way to TPE.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Wow, that is a very sad display - I assume the breakfast/lunch is just as bad, or probably worse given the hot entrees are usually brought out AFTER most Asia-bound flights have boarded. Adding in the habit of too many MLL patrons sticking their dirty hands all over the food, we might just skip the MLL altogether next week on the way to TPE.
I think the design behind the food display at YVR's International MLL is that there is a chef in the open kitchen preparing these dishes "a la minute" and then they don't spend a lot of time in the buffet area. But that is not how it works in practice.

There is usually one dish that the chef will make on order, and that is what I always go for in this lounge.

If you are going to Taipei overnight, there is always the Plaza Premium Lounge. Their food is comparable to the MLL, but may be hotter! Drinks are better in the MLL.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof

If you are going to Taipei overnight, there is always the Plaza Premium Lounge. Their food is comparable to the MLL, but may be hotter! Drinks are better in the MLL.
Wines are not as bad in the MLL. But still awful. Asian comfort food is clearly the main attraction of the Plaza lounge.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Stranger
Wines are not as bad in the MLL. But still awful. Asian comfort food is clearly the main attraction of the Plaza lounge.
On visits to the YVR international MLL since January at least, I have only gone in there to take a few photos and then left to go elsewhere. Pre-midday AC Asian bank of flights, I've found there are almost no seats. Plus I found it too warm, especially on sunny days. The worst of it in Jan and Feb was the very intense smell of garlic (used for the pasta & shrimp dish). Not only did the entire lounge smell, but walking from Domestic past gate 52, you could smell it halfway across the moving walkway and all over the security area directly across from the MLL.

At night, prior to the Australian departures, I found the food was not refreshed and I won't eat hot food that is lukewarm and looks to have been sitting out.

Since I have other options at YVR, I move on.

BTW, I actually found the PPL next door had a great selection of both western and Asian options - mostly Chinese and some Japanese because JL has a contracted separate section in there for their pax midday.

As for the YVR International, it is certainly a vast improvement over what was back in 2015 and even v 2.0 upstairs before the downstairs was finished.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:13 pm

On visits to the YVR international MLL since January at least, I have only gone in there to take a few photos and then left to go elsewhere. Pre-midday AC Asian bank of flights, I've found there are almost no seats. Plus I found it too warm, especially on sunny days. The worst of it in Jan and Feb was the very intense smell of garlic (used for the pasta & shrimp dish). Not only did the entire lounge smell, but walking from Domestic past gate 52, you could smell it halfway across the moving walkway and all over the security area directly across from the MLL.

At night, prior to the Australian departures, I found the food was not refreshed and I won't eat hot food that is lukewarm and looks to have been sitting out.

Since I have other options at YVR, I move on.

BTW, I actually found the PPL next door had a great selection of both western and Asian options - mostly Chinese and some Japanese because JL has a contracted separate section in there for their pax midday.

As for the YVR International, it is certainly a vast improvement over what was back in 2015 and even v 2.0 upstairs before the downstairs was finished.
I agree on the heat in the lounge. It gets far too warm for comfort. And often crowded. Although the food and drinks are better in the international, for those reasons above I'd say it's on an equal footing with the domestic lounge. Take your pick: space and temperature, or food and drinks? I can't comment on the Plaza Premium at YVR though.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
What are they doing with the upstairs in the YVR intl MLL? Is that open now?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by keitherson
What are they doing with the upstairs in the YVR intl MLL? Is that open now?
It's just extra space for when downstairs is full. Nothing special.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Re: food in the Intl YVR
A bit better than Dom YVR.
The stir fry they prepare for you (noodles & shrimp) is a grease fest & when busy try getting a drink from the bar, it's hit & miss for wait times.
Overall I like the setting though regarding seating...
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Was transferring from a domestic flight to transborder. Was gently reminded that I need to use the transborder MLL and denied access, even though I have the right credentials to enter the lounge (*G, business class)

That's still more selections of food than the transborder lounge, regardless of presentation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.