FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YVR international maple leaf lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:13 pm
mathemagic

Originally Posted by 24left
On visits to the YVR international MLL since January at least, I have only gone in there to take a few photos and then left to go elsewhere. Pre-midday AC Asian bank of flights, I've found there are almost no seats. Plus I found it too warm, especially on sunny days. The worst of it in Jan and Feb was the very intense smell of garlic (used for the pasta & shrimp dish). Not only did the entire lounge smell, but walking from Domestic past gate 52, you could smell it halfway across the moving walkway and all over the security area directly across from the MLL.

At night, prior to the Australian departures, I found the food was not refreshed and I won't eat hot food that is lukewarm and looks to have been sitting out.

Since I have other options at YVR, I move on.

BTW, I actually found the PPL next door had a great selection of both western and Asian options - mostly Chinese and some Japanese because JL has a contracted separate section in there for their pax midday.

As for the YVR International, it is certainly a vast improvement over what was back in 2015 and even v 2.0 upstairs before the downstairs was finished.
I agree on the heat in the lounge. It gets far too warm for comfort. And often crowded. Although the food and drinks are better in the international, for those reasons above I'd say it's on an equal footing with the domestic lounge. Take your pick: space and temperature, or food and drinks? I can't comment on the Plaza Premium at YVR though.