Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs Entitlement

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Hmm interesting to know YQMYMM I didn't know they had the pay last thing. I've also got BCAA travel insurance/baggage/interruption, but I don't recall seeing that language in either. Is that written in the TD card policy?

Usually I'm fine with the AC hotel, but I was partially under the impression the travel insurance would be bought in part to avoid having to deal with that stuff.
I thought most insurance was like that.

My Chase card is very similar. They'll only cover what the airline doesn't. I would bet that a delay caused by a mechanical issue where I claim a hotel would have a lot of explaining required.

Luckily I've only ever used it on UA/AA weather delays, so I was provided nothing by the airline.
Interesting. My Amex Plat, Gold and SPG (Canada) don't have that language.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
You are covered for reasonable additional expenses, including but not limited to meals, lodging, toiletries, medication and other personal use items that you encounter due to a Covered Hazard delay, as long as the services were not provided free of charge by the Common Carrier or any other party.
That is the wording in the Chase guide. I haven't looked elsewhere, but my recommendation is for everyone to read about their specific card.

I mean heck, I just realized my baggage delay coverage won't cover Aeroplan tickets, but probably would cover MileagePlus tickets. Whereas Trip Delay covers Aeroplan as long as I charge the taxes to my Chase card.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25k
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Hmm interesting to know YQMYMM I didn't know they had the pay last thing. I've also got BCAA travel insurance/baggage/interruption, but I don't recall seeing that language in either. Is that written in the TD card policy?

Usually I'm fine with the AC hotel, but I was partially under the impression the travel insurance would be bought in part to avoid having to deal with that stuff.
I didn't go through the policy but I phoned to inquire on benefits at the time and was told that I was entitled to expenses up to $1,000 but only on expenses not covered by the common carrier (AC in this case). I suppose if you never ask AC for a hotel voucher and you "don't hear" the announcement, you could book your own hotel.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YQMYMM
I didn't go through the policy but I phoned to inquire on benefits at the time and was told that I was entitled to expenses up to $1,000 but only on expenses not covered by the common carrier (AC in this case). I suppose if you never ask AC for a hotel voucher and you "don't hear" the announcement, you could book your own hotel.
It's getting to the point that the insurance adjusters want you to submit proof no benefit was given by the airline, such as a written statement
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Cow, why do you have a canuck SPG when the Yankee one waves forex.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:32 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's only on intercontinental trips.
Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yul36
Cow, why do you have a canuck SPG when the Yankee one waves forex.
I'm not pewpew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.