Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan not showing Air China award space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan not showing Air China award space

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by YOWgary
If you're waiting for Aeroplan or Air Canada to respond to you here, I hope you brought a book, you're going to be waiting a while...
Oh my, but Aeroplan in its email said there is lots of availability. Aeroplan wouldn't lie.........

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Because no one at AC/AE gives a *&^(
I don't know if its exactly that. It might be more along the lines of it works for Aeroplan. There are no consumer regulations, nor enforcement provisions that address the issue, so Aeroplan may indeed care and is delighted that it can force customers to use the airlines that allow for higher fees and charges. I don't know and I don't care. I won't be setting foot on an Air China flight again if I can help it. China's congested airspace is one sneeze away from a catastrophe.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
To add to this topic,

Since asian reward chart is busted, the value of redeeming CA is so little now... Still, I would like to know why CA is not showing on AP for months.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I'm posting on the AC forum which I usually don't because the availability offered by Air China lately has been crap for United.

I fly IAH-ASIA quite an bit and there's absolutely 0 space for J and F from PEK-IAH.

T-7 there is space from IAH-PEK. How is it for Aeroplan nowadays?

Edit: Also they are only now releasing 2 F seats instead of 3 per flight. (If bookable that day of course)
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I'm posting on the AC forum which I usually don't because the availability offered by Air China lately has been crap for United.

I fly IAH-ASIA quite an bit and there's absolutely 0 space for J and F from PEK-IAH.

T-7 there is space from IAH-PEK. How is it for Aeroplan nowadays?

Edit: Also they are only now releasing 2 F seats instead of 3 per flight. (If bookable that day of course)
you're talking about UAMP seeing CA space, right?

Aeroplan = not showing CA space at all, period
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
you're talking about UAMP seeing CA space, right?

Aeroplan = not showing CA space at all, period
CA is playing games.

The past 24 months has been an nightmare for us UAMP but I guess it's worse for you Aeroplaners.

First it was NO availability to T-1 (24 hours) than no availability. Than they decided T-72 was okay. Than no availability for months. Now finally they settled on T-7 but only EX-US to China, no EX-China.

FYI NH availability matches UA availability.

How is the FSC (Fuel) for AC booking CA?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:37 am

How is the FSC (Fuel) for AC booking CA?
no YQ on CA. really sucks as CA is a good option for dodging YQ flying TPAC
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:13 pm

Right but are yall seeing at least Y Space? Y space is very open but I have no interest flying CA Y
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Right but are yall seeing at least Y Space? Y space is very open but I have no interest flying CA Y
If the side of the plane says "Air China," we can't book an award on it.
F, J, or Y
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Nor can Aeroplan members book on O6 and CM. Unacceptable.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
If the side of the plane says "Air China," we can't book an award on it.
F, J, or Y
Neither online nor via a phone agent?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Neither online nor via a phone agent?
Correct.
Neither online, nor telephone rep, nor smoke signals directed at the AP head office (because that seems to be just as effective for complex itineraries as their website).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Correct.
Neither online, nor telephone rep, nor smoke signals directed at the AP head office (because that seems to be just as effective for complex itineraries as their website).
I have emailed a contact via email in Aimia Compliance to shake the tree, so to speak, on specifically the CM issue that has reappeared a few weeks ago.

And this:

https://www4.aeroplan.com/FlightRewardDidYouKnow.do

I can spot at least 3 flat out lies, or at the very least half-truths, in this latest Aeroplan marketing ploy per above.

Aeroplan is a shoddy operation and of course the finger-pointing is never their fault, always the other airline partner.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
And this:

I can spot at least 3 flat out lies, or at the very least half-truths, in this latest Aeroplan marketing ploy per above.
If a Canadian company is making false or misleading claims about their product or service, you should tell the Competition Bureau.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I have emailed a contact via email in Aimia Compliance to shake the tree, so to speak, on specifically the CM issue that has reappeared a few weeks ago.

And this:

Aeroplan is a shoddy operation and of course the finger-pointing is never their fault, always the other airline partner.
I only see two that are flat out lies.

1. With Air Canada and the Star Alliance network, members can fly with over 25 of the world’s finest airlines to over 1,300 destinations across 5 continents.

I assume the 25 includes CA, which is unavailable.

2. Flight Reward availability is the same whether you book online or through the Aeroplan Call Centre. When you book online, make sure to check the Market Fare Flight Reward tab to see more options.

I've booked flights this year by calling in that were not offered online.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Success with Air China

Sooo... I had booked four miniRTW tickets last October, each of which had two Air China segments. Out of the eight flight segments, all were in business except one. I was told at the time to call in every couple of months and surely the segment could be changed from economy to business. As all of you have experienced, nothing could be further from the truth. Until yesterday.

I finally got through to a magical (mystical?) Aeroplan agent who heard what I said, and took note of it. I pointed out that I had just spoken to Air China and there were 6 seats available for Star Alliance partner redemptions in business (mostly true - the Air China agent confirmed there was more than one). I had used ExpertFlyer to find that there were six business award seats available on the flight in question, and confirmed this with a dummy booking on United.ca.

The Aeroplan agent said "given that, let me try something else." She did what she called a "direct booking" for that segment, and was able to grab the business seat. She needed to reissue the whole miniRTW ticket, which resulted in a small refund due to changes in currency rates (thanks to Brexit).

She told me that if I ever had trouble booking a specific flight again, where I knew there was availability, simply ask an Aeroplan agent to direct book the flight. I think this might have to be done segment by segment - not sure about that.

Anyway, all are now in business for the entire miniRTW, including all Air China segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.