Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Slayarj
I just applied for the Aeroplan CIBC Visa Infinite card. There's a 50000 point bonus getting me started on building some points for some trips. If I decided to cancel the card at the end of the year would I lose my remaining bonus points?
Where do you find this 50,000 point bonus offer for the CIBC VI card? Does it come with an annual fee rebate for the first year? What is the spending requirement to obtain the full 50,000 points. Is this a targeted offer that you received by email as an existing CIBC client or existing Aeroplan member? Thanks for your info.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Where do you find this 50,000 point bonus offer for the CIBC VI card? Does it come with an annual fee rebate for the first year? What is the spending requirement to obtain the full 50,000 points. Is this a targeted offer that you received by email as an existing CIBC client or existing Aeroplan member? Thanks for your info.
https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-ban...nite-card.html

1k spend within first four months, FYF free, not a targeted offer. No brainer if you don't already have the card. Other perks free first checked bag.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by babo

1k spend within first four months, FYF free, not a targeted offer. No brainer if you don't already have the card. Other perks free first checked bag.
Thanks, but when I use that link it shows as a standard offer of 45,000 pts:

Get a total of up to 45,000 Aeroplan points (up to $900 in travel value)

Is the 50,000 points offer a special or targeted offer?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Thanks, but when I use that link it shows as a standard offer of 45,000 pts:

Get a total of up to 45,000 Aeroplan points (up to $900 in travel value)

Is the 50,000 points offer a special or targeted offer?
It's a targeted offer, you could try reopening the link in Incognito.

Digital exclusive offer Just for you — get an extra 5,000 Aeroplan points!†, 1 Here’s how it adds up: Earn a total of up to 50,000 Aeroplan points (up to $1,000 in travel value†) 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase†40,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $1,000 or more during the first 4 monthly statements periods†
Old Feb 20, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I only see the 45,000 points offer, too. Decent value nonetheless.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by zappy312
It's a targeted offer, you could try reopening the link in Incognito.
Targeted, as in an email offer?
I've tried Chrome Incognito and Firefox In-Private. Not showing 50,000 for me.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
I only see the 45,000 points offer, too. Decent value nonetheless.
Yes, 45,000 is still very good compared to the old 20,000 and 30,000 offers. But 50,000 is an extra 5,000 cookies.
ffsim likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I have the CIBC Business Plus Aeroplan card, am supposed to get 1000 SQM per $5000 spend. I got my first 3000 SQM, but should have another 3000 a couple of months ago and haven't seen them. I called them and have a case number open. Anyone else have problems with the SQM miles? When I called in the rep was friendly but had no clue what SQMs were, he opened up a case and is supposed to get back to me.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Originally Posted by dbo30
I have the CIBC Business Plus Aeroplan card, am supposed to get 1000 SQM per $5000 spend. I got my first 3000 SQM, but should have another 3000 a couple of months ago and haven't seen them. I called them and have a case number open. Anyone else have problems with the SQM miles? When I called in the rep was friendly but had no clue what SQMs were, he opened up a case and is supposed to get back to me.
Yes - I am in a similar boat and have received points but not miles (sqm) for two billing cycles. I had the same issue last year and it took forever to resolve with CIBC saying it was an aeroplan problem and aeroplan blaming the bank. It was eventually resolved with a manual entry. It's very frustrating and based on my avgeek peers seems to be a problem that is unique (or certainly more frequent) to CIBC . I have had enough and once this is sorted will be cancelling my visa and going with Amex .
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by dbo30
It seems that CIBC is starting to get its act together with respect to my SQM. The 21st is my statement date every month. Today along with my regular miles, I got my Jan per-5k SQM (but not yet for Feb).

Hopefully this means they will soon figure out my rollover miles for 2023, in my case the SQM that exceed 50k.

It makes little difference as the next milestone is the 60k eUpgrade threshold, which won't happen for several months.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gadflyboy
Yes - I am in a similar boat and have received points but not miles (sqm) for two billing cycles. I had the same issue last year and it took forever to resolve with CIBC saying it was an aeroplan problem and aeroplan blaming the bank. It was eventually resolved with a manual entry. It's very frustrating and based on my avgeek peers seems to be a problem that is unique (or certainly more frequent) to CIBC . I have had enough and once this is sorted will be cancelling my visa and going with Amex .
I’m having the exact same issue with the status boost SQM points not posting from my January statement, even though my regular points from that statement posted. I had the problem for a few months last years as well and then they got it sorted out and it worked properly for many months. I’ve got a ticket in and escalated with CIBC and they call every few days to say they are still working on it. At least this time they haven’t (yet) tried to blame it on Aeroplan.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:22 pm

New promotion started today (March 1st) for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite card. This is the largest welcome offer I've ever seen for this CC.
Join and get up to $1,300 in value in your first year
Here’s how it adds up:
Get a total of up to 50,000 Aeroplan points (up to $1,000 in travel value):
10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase
40,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $1,000 or more during the first 4 monthly statements periods
Enjoy a free first checked bag: a $120 value for 2 travellers for each round-trip flight, assuming you take one round-trip Air Canada flight in the first year
Plus, get a one-time annual fee rebate ($139) for you (the primary cardholder) and up to three authorized users ($50 each): over $189 value

roastpuff likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: hahaha
If you consider the Aeroplan 2.0 launch welcome offers of 30K + buddy pass (which would later be convertible to another 30K, but on his own has some value), then I'd argue that offer was a little larger
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:53 am

I opened the TD Aero VI card at that time, with 20K + the buddy pass and converted it to 30K for total 50K. I didn't realize that CIBC had a 30K WB offer with a Buddy Pass that was available for that short (1yr?) time period that they allowed the buddy pass to be converted to 30K. Well done.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: hahaha
it turns out you're right and i'm wrong (may have confused for the small business card). my offer was never as good as i said it was

the offer you shared with us is definitely still catching my eye, too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.