Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Important changes to the Aeroplan program (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important changes to the Aeroplan program (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:25 pm

Looking to book EU-GPS C tickets, with a stop in DUB on the way (starting Feb 2016), then resuming in Jan/Feb 2017. Any advice how to bite that? I'd also like a second stopover on the way back in the US (www routes through JFK/YYZ so routing shouldn't be a problem).
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Lack
Looking to book EU-GPS C tickets, with a stop in DUB on the way (starting Feb 2016), then resuming in Jan/Feb 2017. Any advice how to bite that? I'd also like a second stopover on the way back in the US (www routes through JFK/YYZ so routing shouldn't be a problem).
See my post above.

Basically, your PNR has to be created on Dec 14, 2015 at the latest, and your first flight must be on Dec 14, 2016 at the latest. Your onwards flights must complete by Dec 13, 2017 (but since you can't see schedules for 2017 today, you will be required to phone in and pay the change fee to change to 2017).
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:17 pm

Thanks, dates should work. But AC phone doesn't, dropped call after 2h waiting.

Booking the closest thing possible online, what's the best approach to change the dates and add a stopover? Don't have a problem with paying the change fee and/or flying the first segment before making changes.
To complicate, departing/arriving Poland, so what about region changes?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
Thanks, dates should work. But AC phone doesn't, dropped call after 2h waiting.

Booking the closest thing possible online, what's the best approach to change the dates and add a stopover? Don't have a problem with paying the change fee and/or flying the first segment before making changes.
To complicate, departing/arriving Poland, so what about region changes?
It seems that if you're stopping in a country that's changing regions, your ticket will be repriced.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
It seems that if you're stopping in a country that's changing regions, your ticket will be repriced.
Not stopping, originating/terminating. Rather play it safe and start from somewhere "solid" though. Stopover in a country that stays put (US) should be safe though?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Well I waited until today to make a change.

Now, they're not even taking calls, so no opportunity to enter your Aeroplan number and be evaluated as ddiamond.

That's a real scam... if they can't staff the call center to handle customer load after creating customer load with a devaluation then they should push back the devaluation date.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Devaluation already kicked in for Asia departures.
Not yet for EU

Book your tickets if you're planning to burn your miles! I was expecting the system to update based on EST as that's where the ticketing is done, but alas it's based on your departure city time.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Devaluation already kicked in for Asia departures.
Not yet for EU

Book your tickets if you're planning to burn your miles! I was expecting the system to update based on EST as that's where the ticketing is done, but alas it's based on your departure city time.
I don't think so. I ticketed sometime around 1am Japan time for an NRT departure and it was fine.

I suggest you manage to call in. It's complete bs if they try to push the departure date part on you.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
Asia flights show up as old award mileage and then you go to book and it doubles. What was the official time for this to start? (new major DEVALUATION) - just wanted to dump aeropesos and quit AC all together.

I don't think so. I ticketed sometime around 1am Japan time for an NRT departure and it was fine.

I suggest you manage to call in. It's complete bs if they try to push the departure date part on you.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
i'm on hold listening to their music, anyone call in able to get the old 30k pricing roundtrip intra-Asia 1 in J?

they never said as of which timezone... it's safe to assume when they say Dec 15 they mean midnight EST, tempted to book online worst case and call to get it adjusted depending on how long this hold takes
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by wwtsang
i'm on hold listening to their music, anyone call in able to get the old 30k pricing roundtrip intra-Asia 1 in J?

they never said as of which timezone... it's safe to assume when they say Dec 15 they mean midnight EST, tempted to book online worst case and call to get it adjusted depending on how long this hold takes
I still see the old price. Doing a test booking on NRT-HKG mid-June 2016, it's 11:48am in NRT now, and I'm seeing 30K in J.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
I still see the old price. Doing a test booking on NRT-HKG mid-June 2016, it's 11:48am in NRT now, and I'm seeing 30K in J.
i'm trying to redeem a multi-city
HKT-NRT(stop) NRT-HKG

it was 30k at 5pm, now 60k

edit: seems like the new travel zones went live
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by wwtsang
i'm trying to redeem a multi-city
HKT-NRT(stop) NRT-HKG

it was 30k at 5pm, now 60k
Interesting. So they're rezoning in phases? I wonder if SIN is also rezoned now.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry. I would book online now and then call in and demand the points. As the agent told me, the PNR creation date is what matters, and we all agree that date is in Canada, so there's NO reason why it should be charged higher points until it's midnight at least somewhere in Canada.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:59 pm

I may have done something foolish. So I've booked a flight from JFK to FRA. Can I call in and add connecting flights YYZ-JFK and JFK-YYZ under the same booking and for the same amount of miles?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by znke252
I may have done something foolish. So I've booked a flight from JFK to FRA. Can I call in and add connecting flights YYZ-JFK and JFK-YYZ under the same booking and for the same amount of miles?
You can, but it'll cost you $90.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.