Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Enhancements to Policy on Musical Instruments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements to Policy on Musical Instruments

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
The actual press release should read:

We are happy to introduce a few enhancements to our policy that will be of great interest to you if you travel with a musical instrument.

In addition to our current policy you will no longer have to worry if your precious possession making it to their destination or not. After handing over your instrument to the check-in agent, they will carefully place it on a special conveyor belt. The instrument will enter a secure area where a special handling team will place the item in a wood chipper. There will be a special pre-boarding viewing area so you can see it for yourself.

We take every care when transporting all of our customers’ belongings. But please remember that, because of their fragile nature, with musical instruments we just can't take the risk.

Happy Flighting!

-Air Canada
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by pitz
I saw it happen once, a larger instrument. It must be placed in a window seat in a non-exit row, and they secure it to the seat using seatbelt extenders. If the owner did not pre-board, it would be a significant disruption to the orderly boarding process.

Not sure what they would do though if a passenger booked J for him/herself, and booked Y for the instrument.
I was on a flight from YOW-LHR a few years ago and Amanda Forsyth's cello had it's own pod. http://nac-cna.ca/en/bio/amanda-forsyth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.