Wiki Posts
Search

Q on ticket changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Q on ticket changes

I have a ticket YOW(AC)FRA(LH)Middle East, leaving in 23 hours. Full fare J, refundable, etc.

I'd prefer to go YOW(AC)YUL(AC)FRA(LH)Middle East, leaving home 2.5 hours later, catching the same LH flight in Frankfurt. More family time is worth an extra connection, and my reason for wanting time in FRA has gone away.

There is availability on all the AC flights, but the LH is sold out (with me on it right now). I thought it would be easy to just change the AC legs but my travel agent tells me it can't be done without refunding/reissuing, losing the LH connection. Ditto the Air Canada SE line (I expected they'd say they can't touch it since an agent booking, but instead they said the same as the agent )

Am curious how this works. Clearly if something went wrong with the direct YOW-FRA flight and they *put* me on a different routing, I wouldn't lose my spot on the LH flight. What's different about this situation, o wise experts of FlyerTalk?

The fare rules allow routing through YTO and YMQ, as I would expect.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:01 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
If you are truly on a full J fare (or any fare that permits changes without a fee) then yes this can be changed via your TAs GDS and a ticket re-issue. The fare would have to be manually priced which is perhaps why your TA is giving you a little bit of a run around.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ABG
If you are truly on a full J fare (or any fare that permits changes without a fee) then yes this can be changed via your TAs GDS and a ticket re-issue. The fare would have to be manually priced which is perhaps why your TA is giving you a little bit of a run around.
Time to get a new TA if that's the case.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Thanks. Problem (as I was told) was that ticket can't be reissued since I'd lose my seat on the flight that is full (even though I don't want to touch that one).
Concierge has solved the problem, but still seems weird.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:42 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by montrealer
Thanks. Problem (as I was told) was that ticket can't be reissued since I'd lose my seat on the flight that is full
The ticket can't be automatically priced and exchanged without a cancel/rebook but a manual fare quote is rather easy to plug in. This is my best guess based on your post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.