Wiki Posts
Search

AC-TK code share ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
AC-TK code share ticket

If I get a lowest fare J ticket from the AC website (YYZ-IST-YYZ) and the flights are all operated by TK, what booking class does this translate to on TK? It says this books as P on the AC website, but not sure what that translates to in the TK booking system. Was just curious on how many miles this will earn on AP. Is it 125% ?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
ask AC in writing.
Or get Ben to tell you otherwise you might get shafted later.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
If the chart on aircanada.com is correct, an Air Canada P class (or even Z class) fare on TK metal YYZ-IST-YYZ does not earn any miles with Aeroplan.

You might be better off booking directly with TK, there is no specific reference to the YYZ-IST flights on aeroplan.com so if you buy a discounted fare in K class or D class on this routing you will earn 125% miles with Aeroplan.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:39 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
P and Z class fares on TK are actually economy class fares.

So if you book Business (lowest) on an AC codeshare, that won't map to Z/P on TK, it will map to one of TK's business fares, presumably J or K, which appear to be their lower-tier business fares. Although Aeroplan seems to think that J fares are Comfort Class (PE?) and therefore earn fewer miles.

If you want to know definitively, probably best to call AC and see if they can tell you, although the phone agents may not know. Yet another reason to avoid codeshares though - I would just book directly through TK, I see no advantage whatsoever to booking through AC.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Never mind...

Last edited by ACflyerDE; Aug 28, 2015 at 9:18 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Thanks for the replies. The price for the AC codeshare was much lower than booking directly with TK (~$2500 return vs ~$4000). It seems to be the same flight. Better not get this if the earning on AP will be ambiguous.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
Originally Posted by jordanD
Better not get this if the earning on AP will be ambiguous.
Same thing happened to me. I spent some time on the phone with an AC agent trying to get to the bottom of it, but they weren't able to give me an answer with any confidence. I opted for the AC flights (810/811) in P on different days rather than risk what amounts to about 15,000 AQM.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
you have 24hr to cancel your booking for free ISSUE the ticket and you will know the fare class on TK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.