Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan points for Jet Airways on Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I know that to get points on the Jet Airways codeshare it has to be an Air Canada flight number...but can this be booked through a travel agent or must this be booked via Air Canada as well?

thanks..
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
From Aeroplan.com (my bolding):

"For Air Canada code-share flights operated by Jet Airways the seats must be booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada, and your ticket must show an Air Canada 4-digit flight number to be valid for mileage accumulation. To receive credit, provide your Aeroplan number whenever you make a reservation. * Eva Air code share flight terminated on March 27,2010. All flights taken prior to this date are eligible for mileage accrual."
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:16 pm

Lounge access on AC code share

Travelling YOW to BOM in Y on AC code share as a Star Gold. What are my lounge options in LHR on the outbound?

Should I stay in T3 and use the Staralliance lounge/Air Canada Arrivals or do I have access to a lounge in T 4 before boarding the 9W flight?

Any information is appreciated. Cheers
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Getting points on AC codeshare with 9W (JET)

Hi

Trying to book AC 6007 which is a codeshare with JET from DEL-YYZ.

The website says this:

For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by partner airlines such as Avianca, Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and TACA, mileage accumulation is only eligible when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit flight number.

Does this mean that I can't buy my ticket from a travel agent even if it has Air Canada 014 ticket number???
Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by llbean
Hi

Trying to book AC 6007 which is a codeshare with JET from DEL-YYZ.

The website says this:

For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by partner airlines such as Avianca, Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and TACA, mileage accumulation is only eligible when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit flight number.

Does this mean that I can't buy my ticket from a travel agent even if it has Air Canada 014 ticket number???
Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

Thanks
Not sure about this issue.

Beware though. For the ticket to get points, it has to originate and end in either India or Canada. In other words, flying AC 6007 on UK -India on a ticket without associated legs to Canada won't work.

Also note, 9W flights do not accrue status miles. They won't count to your status - like aerogold points. They will count to status on 9W though, if you buy it on 9W stock.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:17 am

You can buy from a travel agent, as long as the ticket is 014 stock and the JET operated flight is shown as AC flight number and not 9W flight number.....

Back in the days, Mrs GHT used to buy from TA on AC9840/9841 (codeshared BR).

I believe AC codeshare cannot be bought separately UK-India.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Flew BRU/YYZ on 9W in November. Ineligible for miles.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Flew BRU/YYZ on 9W in November. Ineligible for miles.
But is your ticket issue by AC (014)?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:02 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Interesting topic.

When Eva Air operated a code share with Air Canada YVR-TPE, the AC miles DID count for status.

You had to send in your boarding passes and ITIN on an AC codeshare ticket number for the miles to count and to be credited.

This was circa 2007.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Interesting topic.

When Eva Air operated a code share with Air Canada YVR-TPE, the AC miles DID count for status.

You had to send in your boarding passes and ITIN on an AC codeshare ticket number for the miles to count and to be credited.

This was circa 2007.
There was a reset with some airlines in either summer 2010 or 2011, IIRC. 9W now gets award miles, but no status miles. Kind of annoying, given that its 8340 miles on a round trip.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Planning a trip to India for April. From the Aeroplan website and discussions here, a Jet Airways ticket from London to Delhi leg, if I purchase the ticket from Air Canada, will give Aeroplan points. My question is that are these points counted as "Qualifying Miles"?

Thank you for enlightenment.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE
AQM/AQS on Jet airways?

Originally Posted by lespoir
Planning a trip to India for April. From the Aeroplan website and discussions here, a Jet Airways ticket from London to Delhi leg, if I purchase the ticket from Air Canada, will give Aeroplan points. My question is that are these points counted as "Qualifying Miles"?

This thread raises an alert on whether flying Jet Airways (even on AC codeshare) from LHR to DEL will deliver AQS/AQM on Jet segments. Called SE desk and after many holds was told to call AP to determine if I get my doubling of points (it was explained to me this SE benefit is an AP thing not an AC thing). Now I am uncertain whether I will even get AQM/AQS. Anyone have recent proof that all are true: get AP miles on 9W segments, get AQM/AQS on 9W segment and get doubled AQM as SE benefit?

Finally, is flying 9W a recommended thing?

cheers
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE
AQM/AQS on AC code shares, specifically Jet Airways?

Originally Posted by lespoir

This thread raises an alert on whether flying Jet Airways (even on AC codeshare) from LHR to DEL will deliver AQS/AQM on Jet segments.

I assume there is a universal rule about AQM/AQS on any AC codeshare, even if NOT operated by a *A member, but do not know with a certainty what it is. (Side-bar, how many non *A operators does AC have codeshare?)

Called SE desk (revenue side, so I presume it was AC I was speaking to) to inquire. Put on hold to confer with help desk. Lady came back and pointed me to AP website (!) where Jet/9W is NOT listed as a partner.

I pointed her to AC website, where the general flex/lat/J features do indicate AQM (although not AQS) with Jet Airways or any of the other *A partners flying from Europe into India. NB: the whole reason I paid attention is because I know Jet is not a *A member.

After many holds was told to call AP to determine if I get my doubling of points (it was explained to me this SE benefit is an AP thing, not an AC thing), but that I should get AQM/AQS.

After reading this thread I am less certain about AQM/AQS.

Anyone have recent proof that all are true: get AP miles on 9W segments, get AQM/AQS on 9W segment and get doubled AP miles as SE benefit?

Finally, is flying 9W a recommended thing?

cheers
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You don't get a "doubling of points". You get your miles AQM that you actually fly, which are also Aeroplan miles, and then as a 100K Super Elite you get a 100% bonus of miles that are ONLY Aeroplan miles. That might help you sort it out in your head.

Jet Airways is not listed as a partner for Aeroplan miles earning.
https://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...gory=SBFlights

However, there is this:
For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by airlines that are not Star Alliance members (Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Etihad Airways, Aer Lingus and Central Mountain Air), Aeroplan Miles can only be earned when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit code-share flight number.
To receive mileage credit for Air Canada code-share flights operated by Jet Airways, please provide your Aeroplan number when you make your reservation, or when you check in. If miles do not appear in your Aeroplan account automatically after you have travelled, please send your original boarding pass and a legible copy of your ticket to the Aeroplan Centre.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/tc.html

(There are outdated pages all over the Air Canada website, so who knows whether that is still current.)

However, the 100% bonus likely would not apply. This is what Altitude says about the Super Elite 100K 100% bonus benefit:
Choose this Select Privilege and earn Bonus Aeroplan Miles as designated on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada rouge, Copa Airlines and United. Also earn a bonus on eligible flights operated by Austrian, brussels airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS and TAM. This bonus applies to Aeroplan Miles earned for distance flown between January 1 (or as of when your status is confirmed by email) and December 31. Note that Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards reaching Altitude status.
https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...ram-privileges

No experience flying Jet myself. I had looked at it in regards to a business trip that has not occurred yet.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

As the ongoing uncertainty applies to a number of non-*A codeshare partners of AC I would suggest to ask the question how these are exactly supposed to be treated Aeroplan- and Altitude-wise in the "Ben Q&A thread".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.