Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude e-upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Latitude e-upgrade

So on a Latitude Europe pass - the upgrade I want in OCt (IST-YYZ) is now gone....

I can go on a waitlist on a Y fare as I have some time or book via CDG (instant upgrade) and then buy a connecting flight from IST-CDG.

Any advice? How often do upgrades like this open up before the date? I dont want to play Aero-lottery that day.

I unfortunately don't have enough e-upgrades to hold both...

I haven't been in this situation before so any advice is very appreciated
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Free Agent
You can cancel Lat pass flights- even ones that are upgraded- as often as you want without penalty. The credits post back to your acct within minutes. This is great if you have the time to monitor availability of the eup.

My advice? Depends on how bad you want to confirm a TALT upgrade right away. You can book the Y seat on the flight you want, then monitor for eup space. Sometimes the waitlist has cleared well outside the 7 day window- altho I haven't bothered to waitlist for a couple of years. The other option is to get the confirmed Up to the alternate destination and pay the intra EU flight. This has been my preferred option lately.

The beauty of this pass product is that you can book as one ways- that way you have max flexibility if you need to make a change to one leg.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:52 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Revenue J for this time frame is presently 2600.00 Cdn. Buty a J fare and use your FP credits for an alternate trip.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone give me an idea on what upgrade space looks like on IST-YYZ on OCt 12th?

thanks
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by llbean
Can anyone give me an idea on what upgrade space looks like on IST-YYZ on OCt 12th?

thanks
Availability is J9 C9 D8 Z4 P0 R0; so no upgrade space.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Availability is J9 C9 D8 Z4 P0 R0; so no upgrade space.
Does anyone have any experience on if Revenue Management will open it up? Otherwise I have to take an extra flight via FRA to confirm the upgrade.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Does anyone have any experience on if Revenue Management will open it up? Otherwise I have to take an extra flight via FRA to confirm the upgrade.
Well at the gate, J is upgrade space, so it's less about RM and more about who books the flight.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you booking a Lat ticket or a Flex ticket?

IME IST-YYZ is one of the easier routes to upgrade, and due to this yearÄs devaluations, upgrading at the gate has become much easier as well.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Are you booking a Lat ticket or a Flex ticket?

IME IST-YYZ is one of the easier routes to upgrade, and due to this yearÄs devaluations, upgrading at the gate has become much easier as well.
Im booking a LAT fare...but will they upgrade before the gate or will it come down to the last minute
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Im booking a LAT fare...but will they upgrade before the gate or will it come down to the last minute
There's no way to tell. Either could happen.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you only need P availability to upgrade a Lat fare, I'd say the chances aren't bad that availability will be P1 at one point or another, but obviously impossible to say for sure.

Otherwise, AC often "silently" clears some pax off the upgrade waitlist at T-2days (usually SEs and/or Es on a Lat fare), but again that's obviously not guaranteed.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K 1MM
I mainly fly to LHR using this pass, and I have been upgraded on every flight. Even if there is no upgrade showing, I wait list and 2-3 days before the flight I always get an e-mail stating my upgrade has cleared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.